Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

steve fay

No, mine is sorted, moved and indexed using stuff produced by the guys on Liverpool Lime Street.

Since they no longer produce theirs, I wondered what folk do now.

Thanks for the offer.

Edited by JeffP

Yes mate it will take a duchess. It would over hang but as long as the wheels fit.

I've had it set up and turned the Brit on there.

It is the correct one for RB and 65 foot was the biggest the western had. They had Brits on there all the time

Edited by steve fay

You need a circle with a diameter of 460mm, even though mine has been rebuilt it's the same size as the original metal smith. The overall board is 2 foot square.

Ian il be using the same method, I actually installed it on a small shed layout I half built but scrapped a long time ago. It's been in situ on Leamington Spa for a year so we could finish the shed area Petes getting me a replacement which should be ready in a few weeks when I'm back up there.

Edited by steve fay

I recently found a picture of a converted tank wagon on RB,

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/gwrtankwagon/h200fbfe3#h200fbfe3

Here's a link to paul bartletts web site,

This wagon is currently being scratch built for me by Michelle Davidson. It's a converted road tanker chassis with new tanks and a generator for carrying diesel fuel.

These where done so on stabling points or steam sheds they had the facility to fuel diesels before proper facilities were installed.

They lasted quite late on right until the late 80's

There is a possibility that this wagon may appear as a limited run RTR project from JLTRT.

It would be suitable for any small stabling point, terminus station or steam shed right from the late 50's right up to the late 80's

Other than that It's an interesting wagon.

So any one interested?? I've no idea of any pricing yet though.

Here it is on Ranelagh bridge tucked behind D1000

post-5983-0-89481200-1404812158_thumb.jpg

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 6

You don't need one we are already friends just go on my page and look through my albums. My All things railway related page on Facebook is Ranelagh bridge if any one else wants to see more goings on.

• Like 1

Painted the inside walls yesterday so today I started hanging some pictures,

Then my first double glazed window finally arrived. That's now fitted. 2 more to go.

Edited to add pictures

post-5983-0-10614200-1405197745_thumb.jpg

New window, I'm going to get some sticky back lead strip and make it in to a six pane, more like a signal box.

post-5983-0-73030000-1405197810_thumb.jpg

A few more wagon plates

post-5983-0-38843300-1405197841_thumb.jpg

The first pictures going up, the insulation that's still exposed will get covered once the new front windows go in.

I have to resize most of the pictures now before I can post them up, right pain in the @rse

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...