Freightliner Office & Diesel Depot

bachmanndiesellover

not from Bachmann online... . from the local model shop... and if they're not available from trains on time:

the reason they're limited editions is because I only make very few of them meaning they're limited where as on some of the others they're is no limitation.

I would be a bit careful calling them 'Limited Edition' because that notion articulates the sentiment that Bachmann are working with you in much the same way as they do with the NRM or Modelzone, and doing a limited production run of a certain model officially. What you are doing is getting a normal Bachmann model and weathering and/or repainting/renumbering it. Remember the brand name on the model is still Bachmann and not FML.

That's correct BD. TMC, for example, cite the models as 'custom finish'.

I'm sorry if the OP is finding this a harsh lesson but it is right that such things are pointed out. Set up a business by all means but please do the hobby and yourself a favour by making sure it's ethical, responsible and beneficial.

My family own a farm shop and they don't pay taxes

I'd suggest re-thinking that post!

I am sure they're subject to the same taxation systems based on trading profit or income as anyone else may be subject to allowances and thresholds as you would be obliged to as well if you were trading in your own right.

The thread that just keeps on giving!

Oh, by the way, it was me that ran the red light at Dunton island. Warwickshire polis, you'll get me at:

Chardcanbearighttw@utter.ignoranus.biz

• RMweb Premium

The type of taxation will depend on the type of business, the turnover, the number of employees etc They may joke about it and say to you that they don't pay tax but I'm sure that they run a respectable and responsible business.

I wonder how many members of RMweb work for HM Revenue and Customs. From 12,000 members then you might expect that one or two do so, and don't forget you are on an open forum so that everything you say can be seen by anyone. I'm sure your family would not want to be accused of deliberately avoiding tax which could be Income Tax, Corporation Tax, National Insurance, VAT, Business Rates etc etc - it is a very long list.

I suggest that they (and you) read this booklet http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/startingup/working-yourself.pdf otherwise you might get featured here instead http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/tax-evasion/ There can be severe financial penalties or even court action.

I have looked at the web site and that's a good looking shop and business they have got there and if I lived closer then I might be a customer but I'm sure they wouldn't want you to say things here that might get them into trouble with HMRC.

Mike

My family own a farm shop and they don't pay taxes so......

hey if wanna check out the farm shop see

walkerbrothers.food.officelive.com rolleyes.gif

It re-opens in September!

Can we amend the vote up this post button to accept multiple votes, please? Please, please rewrite the software to enable this.

And thanks to whichever member of the admin team continues this awesome spoof in the best English tradition.

can we drop all the playground crap and go back to model railways now please it starting to get on my tits

Whilst appreciating your supportive stance it's very difficult to sit back and do nothing when the whole topic contains some of the best howlers we've had all year. Maybe you can take the OP under your wing to give some guidance so he doesn't keep falling into his own hand-crafted traps?

Other than that the only way I could see we can protect him is to put him on a review queue and delete anything out that will end up embarrassing him; should we really have to babysit to that extent? *

*- Normally that privilege is saved for selected cottage industry kit producers that keep shooting their toes at point blank range.

• RMweb Gold

I also wouldn't put "all rights reserved" under a DCC fitting guide that's been pinched wholesale from the Hornby website:

http://fml.web.officelive.com/TenderDriveFlyingScotsman.aspx

http://www.Hornby.com/Hornby-dcc/decoder-installation-guides/tender-drive-flying-scotsman-decoder-installation/

Naughty, naughty.

I think the only way forward from this point is for the OP to admit he's been rather daft and accept that he's misled people; make some steps to get his house in order with regard to the website and remove any copyright breaches or misrepresentation; accept that he's going to have to be more truthful, not circumvent forum rules and undertake to behave more responsibly to continue membership here and leave any modelling to do the talking.

You're right Simon; I've been waiting for the OP to come and address the issue and he was online at 19.39 and hasn't responded. It shouldn't just be a response to me off-forum but to everyone.

If there's no response by the end of tonight it will be locked and it's unlikely that he'll be able to access the site for much longer.

You're right Simon; I've been waiting for the OP to come and address the issue and he was online at 19.39 and hasn't responded. It shouldn't just be a response to me off-forum but to everyone.

If there's no response by the end of tonight it will be locked and it's unlikely that he'll be able to access the site for much longer.

Judging by the OP's content thus far, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Archived