Freightliner Office & Diesel Depot

bachmanndiesellover

Erm; let me think.

1. I got my ideas from FML's layout...

2. FML did the sheds and office for me, basically all I did was email asking them about an add i'd seen on their website saying about converting skaledale and scenecraft into branded buildings for only £2 + P+P so I jumped at the opportunity and this was about a 2 years ago, before they were on web, so that's probably why its dated on their website - they maybe didn't update it?

3. OMG!!!... I know my layout looks alot like FML's only mine's probably better!

1. You share the same email address as the Paypal recipient on FML's website.

2. You can bend time.

3. You need to decide which of your persona has the best layout.

I'd say that's enough for now.

• RMweb Premium

I have looked at the website in question and would suggest that the company should consult the following publication as it appears that they may be trading illegally http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft698.pdf

I cannot see any evidence of compliance with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, or the Electronic Commerce Regulations 2002.

Amongst other things, I believe that the web site should quote the full postal address, a contact email address and details of consumers' cancellation rights.

Mike

• RMweb Gold

I have looked at the website in question and would suggest that the company should consult the following publication as it appears that they may be trading illegally http://www.oft.gov.u...eral/oft698.pdf

I cannot see any evidence of compliance with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, or the Electronic Commerce Regulations 2002.

Amongst other things, I believe that the web site should quote the full postal address, a contact email address and details of consumers' cancellation rights.

Mike

Anyone who would buy a tatty 'Freightliner' 7 plank open, unboxed, for £14.99 probably wouldn't read it anyway...

hows the layout progressing? what are you going to use for roads - id reckon the scalscenes road set would be a good choice - should keep your costs down and you'll get bollards and such thrown in too :) looking forward to some pictures :)

the idea is that it used to be a steam depot... what i've done above my baseboard, I've put some A2 Blocks of grey card.

About the water tower:

well... that's what I was wondering, but I think I might put it on eBay....

The reason the roads a bit dodgey is because the office building used to be a bit further up so there was enough room for both ways but I wanted a 2 way road up at the top so I moved it down.... I like the road how it is however!

• RMweb Gold

If you click on item Z1001 the Paypal email address is shown as williamjwalker@*******.com

I would accept the fact that you have been rumbled. Deleting content on your site doesn't mean it disappears either, try clicking the cached link when you run a Google search on your site :drinks: .

it doesn't even say my email on my profile!!!!

Maybe not, but Andy Y is the guy who owns and runs this forum, he has access to all the details used when you signed up (aside from your password), so he has obviously checked your records and found that the email you used to sign up, and the email used on the FML Website match.

I humbly suggest you give up on the pretence mate, we can all clearly see that you and the person running FML are the same.

Also, posting your school(?) email address on a mostly publicly accessible forum is not exactly a wise idea.

I would watch out for unauthorised use of Freightliner logos too. I suspect this is more a case of youthful exuberance rather than a deliberate attempt to circumvent the rules. If I was this young man I would look very carefully at my products at ensure they were as good or better than RTR at the quoted prices and remember that the customer is king, not the £!

I think you should re think some of the pictures you've posted too, you haven't even managed to get the signs straight on most of your models and the re sprayed 08 to be honest looks awful, I know it's not finished but the paint looks far too thick. You have also shown your lack of experience by painting the dark green first, that will be very hard to cover with yellow now. It's not going to make anyone want to spend £250 on a model from your shop.

I know what it's like to be in your position, I do code 3 models and sell them through eBay and a website which I will never try to advertise on here. It's a way for me to make a little bit of extra money and fund what it a very expensive hobby.

Like others have said, just admit defeat and make sure your quality is good before ripping people off

Richard

Well said that man. :drinks:

I think the OP has realised they have made a mistake, but isn't this supposed to be a layout topic? I'm a little disappointed at some of the bandwagon jumping that seems to have gone on. Granted, the products on the website are of questionable quality - but I actually think the OP deserves some credit for actually attempting to start up a small business at his age. Yes - attempting to disguise his identity as the website's owner was silly, but hopefully that's a lesson learned. I don't honestly see what purpose any further potshots can serve other than to alienate a member of our community - we all started somewhere and my first repaints were an awful lot worse (I actually have a five-plank open wagon in LoadHaul colours floating in the scrap box somewhere :) ). Thanks to those actually offering constructive criticism for reflecting the true colours of RMWeb, and what we're really about.

To get back on topic: bachmanndiesellover - I agree with the earlier posters, that looks like a lot of road for a 4' x 2' board, but if that's what interests you then go for it. I look forward to seeing some pictures as your layout progresses.

I think the OP has realised they have made a mistake, but isn't this supposed to be a layout topic? I'm a little disappointed at some of the bandwagon jumping that seems to have gone on. Granted, the products on the website are of questionable quality - but I actually think the OP deserves some credit for actually attempting to start up a small business at his age. Yes - attempting to disguise his identity as the website's owner was silly, but hopefully that's a lesson learned. I don't honestly see what purpose any further potshots can serve other than to alienate a member of our community - we all started somewhere and my first repaints were an awful lot worse (I actually have a five-plank open wagon in LoadHaul colours floating in the scrap box somewhere :) ). Thanks to those actually offering constructive criticism for reflecting the true colours of RMWeb, and what we're really about.

To get back on topic: bachmanndiesellover - I agree with the earlier posters, that looks like a lot of road for a 4' x 2' board, but if that's what interests you then go for it. I look forward to seeing some pictures as your layout progresses.

couldnt agree more it was starting to become a school playground here

the class 70 is weathered as well which is why it's higher. I bought them in bulk at £90 each from Bachmann and then with weathering (based on professorial costs), transfers, and time that's how its got to £140. They have all been test run.... and work and look absolutely great! They're of high standard! I except that the class 08 isn't and it was not meant for retail sale. It was mearly to see what I could achieve out of a wasted body.

Really? Bachmann will only supply traders with retail premises or nominated partners e.g. Freightliner.

Maybe they had a white label on the boxes. Returned, tested, sold as seen. (one previous very careful lady owner, full service history, low mileage, etc);)

Archived