A FREE MODEL RAILWAY SHOW!

marc smith

.....I'll be rubbing Vick on my chest Friday night, to clear the lungs - in order that I can digest a larger amount of 'atmosphere' !!!!

Brian R

Brian,

I'll be covering my credit card in cotton wool & bandages.....

... to prepare it for the hammering I think it may be taking! :laugh:

See you there

Marc

Yes! We got it to 2 pages and heading for 1000 views!

Must be all the RMWebbers out there who keep popping back to this thread to remind themselves that this weekend is the FREE Lord & Butler Annual Model Show in Cardiff where you can help a great cause as you browse some great layouts, chat with fellow, like minded railway chums and The Man from Bachmann and ponder over what to buy next from one of, if not THE, best model shop - dont forget too that its the home of Dirty Boy weathering!

:drinks:

Roger

1011 views!

:yahoo:

UPDATE

DATELINE:- Thursday, 16th. June, 2011 7.09am

STOP PRESS:- 1,050 people have now viewed a thread that tells them this weekend sees the Lord & Butler 'Free Model Railway Show' - proceeds from which will be donated to 'Ty Hafan'.

Anyone unable to attend is cordially invited to care for my twin grandsons on Saturday, in order that I may sample the day's delights.

Brian R

• RMweb Gold

Set Paynestown up in the hall for its first full test since this time last year - I can't fit the full 11' length of the layout anywhere in the house other than the hall, although I can test the individual boards and connect two together. Over the last 24 hrs I have expanded the fiddle yard capacity from 4 to 6 roads, and ironed out a few gremlins - though doubtless more will manifest on the weekend... :yes:

post-6720-0-11035600-1308247561_thumb.jpg

post-6720-0-48788100-1308247687_thumb.jpg

Looking good Al

How about a snap of you with the iron and a nasty green gremlin pleading for mercy just before you flatten him :laugh: out!

Spoke to Peter earlier - the area for the show has been cleared and all set for a great weekend.

:drinks:

Roger

• RMweb Gold

We'll have to dodge the showers! I'll be making at least one trip down tomorrow, first with the trestles and then probably a second trip with the rest of the layout, unless I dare risk leaving it to saturday morning as I did last year.

• RMweb Gold
Spent some time there this morning - enjoyed the layouts and nice to meet some of my RMWEB friends again as well.

Well worth a visit!

Same here - and it gave me a chance to put faces to some of the names.

Thoroughly enjoyable - and all for an excellent cause.

Guest jonte

Set Paynestown up in the hall for its first full test since this time last year - I can't fit the full 11' length of the layout anywhere in the house other than the hall, although I can test the individual boards and connect two together. Over the last 24 hrs I have expanded the fiddle yard capacity from 4 to 6 roads, and ironed out a few gremlins - though doubtless more will manifest on the weekend... :yes:

post-6720-0-11035600-1308247561_thumb.jpg

post-6720-0-48788100-1308247687_thumb.jpg

Hi

I really like the look of Paynestown; an unusual theme, beautifully modelled.

Good luck with your showing.

Jonte.

Just got back from this event, which I enjoyed very much.

It seemed to be well supported but was quiet enough later to have a chat with a some of the owners.

I spent some time looking at Maindee East, and particularly enjoyed Neptune Rd and Paynestown

sorry if I distracted you during your shunting moves!

I will look out for this event next year, I even think my better half would enjoy attending, well, to view the antiques anyway!

cheers

What a great weekend! I'm all train-ed out!

Met up with some great folk, new faces and the regulars too! Thanks to all who stopped and took a look at Neptune Rd and had a chat.

I think L&B were kept busy and I'm sure a good sum has been raised for Ty Hafan.

Cheers RiverCider - nice to meet you pal

Roger

:drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Archived