A FREE MODEL RAILWAY SHOW!

marc smith

• RMweb Gold

Very enjoyable weekend, with good company - the time really flies. Paynestown had a few predictable gremlins on saturday morning (despite testing at the venue on friday night!) but had settled down by midday, and was more or less less fine for the rest of the weekend. The only real problem was the odd unwanted uncoupling incident with the Spratt and Winkles, which I think is down to me not being as consistent as I should be with the coupling height. It did feel busier than last year, and I gather a good sum was raised. Thanks to all who dropped by, it was good to see some familiar faces from previous weekends, as well as new ones. Astonishingly, I didn't go in the shop once!

Nice one Al.

Couple of questions asked of me over the 2 days that made me smile -

How do you make things look so nice and mucky?

What have you done to get that loco running sooooooo slowly?

Are you going to add another bit to it / make it into a circle?

Cheers

Roger

:drinks:

Just got back from this event, which I enjoyed very much.

It seemed to be well supported but was quiet enough later to have a chat with a some of the owners.

I spent some time looking at Maindee East, and particularly enjoyed Neptune Rd and Paynestown

sorry if I distracted you during your shunting moves!

I will look out for this event next year, I even think my better half would enjoy attending, well, to view the antiques anyway!

cheers

Some of the exhibitors may be knocking on a bit, but, not antiques!

Archived