network rail guageing train

hi im new here so hope i have got the right fourm but anyway i have been constructing a network rail test train and in model rail about a year ago they did a DBSO and there was a pic of the SGT but not much detail. if any one could post mesurements or even better a guide how to create this wagon this would be very helpful.

thanks Virginhst539

4859744496_3361d04fa1.jpg

hi im new here so hope i have got the right fourm but anyway i have been constructing a network rail test train and in model rail about a year ago they did a DBSO and there was a pic of the SGT but not much detail. if any one could post mesurements or even better a guide how to create this wagon this would be very helpful.

thanks Virginhst539

4859744496_3361d04fa1.jpg

I think that if your going to model this 'wagon' your going to have to model the coach that is to the left in the picture, as it looks like it is permanently coupled to the 'wagon' with a bar type of coupling. No buffers are a bit of a give away and no buckeye.

What is that big tube for?

OzzyO.

• RMweb Premium

What is that big tube for?

The tube is the new rotary laser system. The original system used white light that was emitted throught the "vanes" in the centre of the wagon. The new system uses red light.

post-408-0-09543000-1308155396_thumb.jpg

The OC is bar coupled to the Mk2 as it has no brakes.

I've modelled the Structure Gauging Train in it's previous guise as 31/Mk2/Optical Car/Mk1 data/Mk1 support/31.

Current formation is RTOV (ex push-pull DBSO)/Optical car/Mk1 data/Mk1 support/Mk2 brake runner/31.

A full writeup of my build appeared in the DEMU magazine "Update"

post-408-0-39531700-1308155216_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-57085200-1308155228_thumb.jpg

Pic by Tim Easter (with permission) Taken on Blackburn & East Lancs MRS "Blackmill"

Cheers,

Mick

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone just started making my own structuring gauging train I've got the Hurst models dbso conversion kit and nearly finished the optical car.

The formation will be Current formation that is DBSO , Optical car , Mk1 data , Mk1 support , Mk2 brake runner ,31.

thanks

Connor

Archived