The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Aunt Bessie

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

Hi all

Was dutifully cooking roast beef dinner today as SWMBO still hors de combat following recent motorbike prang. I bounced she didnt.

Went to get yorkshires out of freezer when - shock horror - in applying my modellers detail eye realised that Aunt Bessie has morphed from everyones favourite Aunty in to a comely Nigella Lawson style epicurean dominatrix. :rolleyes:

Just look at the picture - a carefully plucked raised eyebrow - the knowing smile.

Has she supped the elixir of life? or is this just another rebranding exercise rife with ageism? Am I alone in being so sad as to notice this? How many yorkshires need to be consumed to achieve a similar transforamtion I wonder?

Hee hee

Phil

Sorry to hear of prang, hope SWMBO's recovery is swift.

But!, but!, but! You a fellow who ride motorbike, using packaged frozen Yorkshire pud? Next thing it will be Aunt Bessie's Bacon, soss, egg and a fried slice: this is the slippery slope that leads toward greasy spoon cafe nosh being sanitised into prepacks in the freezer cabinets of Tesburymart...

• RMweb Premium

I was told once that apparent some 'southerners' bought a pub/restaurant in Yorkshire a few years back and served said 'Yorkshire' puddings with Sunday roast and there was a riot with the Police being called to calm down the disturbance!! :laugh:

Personally I think Aunt Bessie should be given a Peerage for culinary services to mid thirty something ineligible bachelors :drinks:

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to hear of prang, hope SWMBO's recovery is swift.

But!, but!, but! You a fellow who ride motorbike, using packaged frozen Yorkshire pud? Next thing it will be Aunt Bessie's Bacon, soss, egg and a fried slice: this is the slippery slope that leads toward greasy spoon cafe nosh being sanitised into prepacks in the freezer cabinets of Tesburymart...

Noooooo!!!!

The roast beef was carefully selected from the meat counter - no pre packed or the horrible scraggy joints on display, I made them slice a chunk of cow off a nice big joint.

Freshly prepared roast tatties and parsnips served with green beans and home prepared spiced red cabbage - served with gravy made in the meat pan with the veggie water and meat juices and Bisto, horse radish sauce on the side. MMMM. Aunt Bessie's yorkshires the only concession to convenience!

And all that between cutting the lawn, trimming the hedge out the front, washing, hoovering - SWMBO wont want to get better if I carry on like this!

Modelling and fishing credits are accumulating rapidly......

Dapol Class 22s cant be too far away, Co Bo and Baby Deltic for Abbotswood ???? And I would like a nice shiny new motorbike....;)

Phil

Archived