NYMR Bronze Experience

polybear

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

We have a holiday booked later this year, staying close to the NYMR (coincidence - honest....). I'm pondering on booking a Bronze Footplate Ride to coincide, but was wondering if it lasts for half a day or a full day? The website quotes a return journey with a total elapsed time of 3 hours, with luch provided. Is the ride stretched out to make a day of it (eg with a tour round the sheds, for example), or is it a morning or afternoon visit with lunch at the end/start, respectively?

Has anyone been on this ride & can advise please? Thanks.

Brian

• RMweb Gold

I treated my good wife to this last year. It was half a day and didn't include a tour of the shed or signal box but did include a voucher for lunch. It was very good and Jane enjoyed it immensely. She travelled on two different locos with two different crews and they were very friendly and answered all of her questions. She even managed to chuck a bit of coal on the fire but she was upset that she couldn't have a bacon butty done on the shovel.laugh1.gif

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Many thanks for the replies. Just trying to get my head round the cost at the moment....shame it doesn't include travel for the OH in the price :(

Brian

Archived