Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

railings ladders and walkways.

• 2 weeks later...

One reason for the poor response to your enquiry might be that there is an almost identical one running on a couple of websites, and people can't always be bothered to check if there is any difference.

Further possible sources, dependent upon your scale might be the Plastruct range as per Squires' catalogue http://www.squirestools.com/11-19a.pdf or the various bits from architectural model suppliers such as EMA Model Supplies or 4D Modelshop. (More useful if you are modelling at 1:50 or 1:100 scales perhaps, but still worth looking at)

Plastruct do railings and stairways in both HO and N, much of the Plastruct range is difficult to find in the U.K but the stairways etc., are fairly widely available. The stairways in the back of this shot use Plastruct stairs but I make all the handrails from styrene strip so that I can get better spacing for the uprights.

post-6861-0-78453000-1310480288_thumb.jpg

Walthers do two styles of external fire escape which might also be of interest.

One reason for the poor response to your enquiry might be that there is an almost identical one running on a couple of websites, and people can't always be bothered to check if there is any difference.

A Little harsh I think. Not everyone is active on several sites. I for one only ever access the DEMU forum besides RMWeb. I generally find all I need on here. We are all here to help each other become better modellers and asking questions to problems you have is encouraged. I dont think its a case of the OP not being bothered to check its a case of him not knowing in the first place hence the question.

Cheers

Cav

• RMweb Premium

Could I suggest the OP tries a quick look at the Knightwing range? They do a set of various industrial fittings (mainly pipework, which I've used) which does also include some ladders etc. There might be other packs which could be more useful.

Archived