Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bodge City - Bye Bye Bick

PhilH

• RMweb Gold

That's a cracker Dave, good find. I've started on a back wall, but looks like I might have to make some further additions. 

Not too sure I'm going to do the internal hopper things but quite like the wings at the front. I'd already decided that I was going to model cobbles in the yard (when I get a round tuit) so it might end up alright.

Thanks for posting the pic.

• RMweb Premium

It was not a criticism when I have some work of my own to show then I might comment on others work. It was a tongue in cheek dig about calling your setup Bodge City when clearly it was better built than the real thing, their end stop looks to have been repaired at least once.

• RMweb Gold

Whoa Mick, didn't take it as such - I'm the first to take the pee out of my efforts, so don't ever worry about commenting on it.

After all, it is a bodge from start to finish, you should see the bird's nest, sorry, wiring. It does work though.

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Not much progress, but doing a bit on the trainset. Lost my way a few times,lost enthusiasm, still not sure about it but going to carry on with the drudgery of building buildings.

I might do a bit of ballasting /general area scenic work just to see if that fires me up.

We shall see....if so, see you next year  :)

post-6683-0-53604100-1427194659_thumb.jpg

post-6683-0-97624400-1427194666_thumb.jpg

post-6683-0-17141800-1427194687_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm still wading through the pile of buildings to construct, the latest one being another Kibri factory. I had wondered whether these would be too European for a US layout, but trawling through Shorpy would seem to suggest that there were plenty of these style of buildings around even in the 50s and 60s.

I've been putting a few in various places on the trainset trying to get a feel for the eventual placements. My usual lack of planning is showing up the fact that I should at least have left enough space for some of the buildings I am making....never mind, the razor saw is your friend.

I've weathered a few of them, but now can't be bothered to do them individually so once made and painted I will chuck a bucket of goo over the lot of them.

TTFN.

post-6683-0-14435100-1428855982_thumb.jpg

post-6683-0-01073900-1428856001_thumb.jpg

post-6683-0-53463800-1428856014_thumb.jpg

post-6683-0-44956000-1428856152_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Finally finished the Heljan brewery after nearly throwing it out of the window a few times. It might be a brewery, but possibly the best brewery in the world it ain't...just about the worst (and most expensive) kit I've had a go at. But it's done, and after a bucket of blacky browny green stuff has been chucked over it I'm sure it will look, well, blacky and browny and greeny.

post-6683-0-11607300-1434463541_thumb.jpg

post-6683-0-97894200-1434463558_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Big init? Better get a stop of some kind on that siding before someone pushes a boxcar through your nice new blacky browny greeny building.

Track bumpers next on the (long) to do list.......

Archived