Scottish class 37 high intensity car xr3i lights

Hi all,

Can anyone help, i'm modelling a couple of scottish class 37's those having the xr3i style high intensity headlights on, one loco has them on the noses the other sits on the top of the nose now does anyone know who supplys these or what parts are best to use as these round black lights?

I've tryed shawplan and others but no joy yet can anyone help?

Thankyou Rick.

Hi all,

Can anyone help, i'm modelling a couple of scottish class 37's those having the xr3i style high intensity headlights on, one loco has them on the noses the other sits on the top of the nose now does anyone know who supplys these or what parts are best to use as these round black lights?

I've tryed shawplan and others but no joy yet can anyone help?

Thankyou Rick.

Rick I think most people who do this addition use lights obtained from model cars. Rather prototypical.

J

Hi

They are actually “Wipac Harerazor†automotive spotlights, here's one on 37190

Gary

post-7480-0-84594300-1309816369_thumb.jpg

Thankyou for your replys yes i know the model cars have them/some have them on but wondered if there was any ready to go in model form for the noses?

So were can i get these “Wipac Harerazor†lights from then chap?

Cheers.

This site could be a good starting point. May even be worth a sticky somewhere in useful www links.

http://www.modelcarp...php?language=en

EDIT: That seems to be primarily 1:43 stuff on further investigation. In fact I think it is the site mentioned in MR's article on detailing an IS Heljan 26, which required similar headlights.

Archived