Tonbridge MRC 31st exhibition Saturday 18th February

ColinW

Tonbridge MRC will be holding its 31st exhibition in the Angel Centre, Tonbridge on Saturday 18th February. Following on from this year's successful show, the club has agreed to keep the show to the same size for next year with the two halls again available, we are also keeping the admission prices the same Adults £5, Concessions (OAP's & Wheelchair carers) £4, Children (10-16)£1 and Children under 10 Free. The list below is for the layouts so far confirmed to come:-

Auerbach Yard (HO)

Belmont Road (OO)

Bradfield, Gloucester Square

East Grinstead Town

Eatanswill (O)

Fiddler's End (N)

Hythe (OO)

Invergeachy (O)

Iron Mould Lane (OO)

Polperro (16mm)

Rae Bridge (009)

Rolvenden (P4)

St.Etienne

Treneglos

Tre Ponti

West Tillgate (N)

I have put the layout gauges in for some, a couple of layouts are very well featured on here, but I think it looks to be a very good show again. For any further details regarding the show, you can either go to the club's website, www.tonbridgemrc.com, e-mail myself through tonbridgemrc@btinternet.com or phone 07940161663. I will be back when I next get more news on the show.

Colin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Time for a bit of an update, not much in the way of layouts being added with Aldford Brewery being the only confirmed one I have been given recently, but more to be confirmed soon.

In the way of traders, all the traders who attended this year have received invites for next year, including the ones that had to with draw from it. Most of them have been confirmed to attend and they include:-

Ace Products

Albert Goodall

Carriage and Wagons

Dart castings

Dave Wills

Drive Thomas & Matthew Cousins Paintings

Golden Arrow productions

Kevin Robertson Books

Mike Turner Paintings

Model Depot

Modeller's Mate

Ray Morris

RCTS

Realistic Modelling Services

Roneo Models

South Eastern Finecast

Wessex Wagons

We will also have The German Railway Society, Spa Valley Railway & Tonbridge Model Engineers Society.

More to be added.

Colin

• 3 weeks later...

Another layout has been added to our list, Balnakeil (Gn15) and Kent Garden Railways and Model Railway Electronics have been added as traders. More news on layouts traders and demonstrators to come soon.

Colin

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Colin,

Looks like a good line-up and possibly an expensive time with the traders, hopefully I will get there this year.

Kev

We shall look forward to seeing you Kevin. I will hopefully have more news tonight regarding the show.

Colin

OK, I now have the final list of layouts and traders.

LAYOUTS

Aldford Brewery EM

Auerbach Yard HO

Balnakiel GN15

Belmont Road OO

Bradfield Gloucester Sq OO

Brookford O

Cwmorogoth Copper Mining Co. O-16.5

East Grinstead Town OO

Eatanswill O

Fiddlers End N

Hythe OO

Invergeachy O

Iron Mould Lane OO

Leaford OO

Polperro G

Rae Bridge 009

Rolvenden P4

St-Ettienne-en-Caux 009

Stoating Bank OO

Tre Ponte HO

Treneglos OO

West Tilgate N

TRADERS

Ace Products

Albert Goodall

Carriage & Wagons

Dart Castings

David Wills

Footplate/Flangeway

Golden Arrow Productions

Kent Garden Railways

Kevin Robertson Books

Matthew Cousins/Mike Turner paintings (Matthew will also have his O gauge Drive Thomas layout)

Model Depot

Model Railway Electronics

Modeller's Mate

Plus Daughters

Ray Morris

Realistic Modelling Services

Roneo Models

South Eastern Finecast

Wessex Wagons

Demonstrators

Tony Hill Scenery

David Bickerton Rolling Stock

Jim Filmore Buildings

Colin

Just to add to what Colin has written, the above traders will also be supported by the following societies:

German Railway Society

Spa Valley Railway

Severn Valley Railway

Railway Correspondence and Travel Society (RCTS)

Not long to go now - look forward to seeing any RMweb members there! :sungum:

Just to add to what Colin has written, the above traders will also be supported by the following societies:

German Railway Society

Spa Valley Railway

Severn Valley Railway

Railway Correspondence and Travel Society (RCTS)

Not long to go now - look forward to seeing any RMweb members there! :sungum:

Just to repeat what I said on the Treneglos thread, that off the top of my head there will be between 15-20 RM Webbers at the show, either club members, exhibitors or traders. 4 of the layouts attending also have threads on here, Belmont Road, Bradfield Gloucester Square, Leaford & Treneglos.

Colin

Colin, slight correction to the Treneglos entry.... we're OO not EM, although I promise there's no Peco track on the scenic section!

:scratchhead: Sorry Chris, I was working from a sheet given to me with that on it, no excuse I know especially to someone commenting on your thread. I have reported this mistake to ChrisM to rectify.

Colin

Colin, slight correction to the Treneglos entry.... we're OO not EM, although I promise there's no Peco track on the scenic section!

My mistake, sorry about that, had got it in my head that you were EM for some reason - all is now amended.

See you at the show.

Chris

No worries - just didn't want folk being upset when they saw the layout in the flesh....

I wouldn't worry about that Chris, we like to get well built layouts each year, although I might get a bit upset if GWR locos appear on it! :mocking_mini:

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone travelling to the show by train and with Tonbridge station being 5 minutes away from the venue, and it receiving services from Canterbury, Ashford International, Margate, Ramsgate, Dover, Strood, Hastings , Tunbridge Wells, Redhill and London, I can advise that there are booked engineering works between Tonbridge and Sevenoaks on the day of the show. This will affect most of the services through the station. Trains from London Charing Cross, Waterloo East & London Bridge to call at Tonbridge, will only be the Hastings services, and they will be diverted through Redhill, but not stop there. Trains from Ashford and the Kent coast will terminate at Tonbridge, trains from Strood will terminate at Paddock Wood and you will need to join the next service to Tonbridge. The stopping service from Redhill should not be affected.

Can I also advise that Tonbridge station is currently having a lot of building works done, and the ticket office is currently affaected by this.

Colin

We have managed to book Chillingbourne (OO) as a replacement for Iron Mould Lane, who should be at the 2013 show now. Also we will have Steve Sharp demonstrating scratchbuilding locomotives and rolling stock from plasticard.

Colin

"I'm 6'5" Bill (should make it easier for people to find me at the Tonbridge Show).

Colin "

I thought the above quote should be copied over from the Erith topic. Please note that Colin is 6' 9" in heels. Easy to spot.

Bill

Archived