Tonbridge MRC 31st exhibition Saturday 18th February

ColinW

OMG!

The question is, will I be able to keep a straight face when I next see him at club night? :tease:

HMMM lets see, what job can I give Mr B (despite what I had arranged for him), perhaps washing up comes to mind.

Colin

HMMM lets see, what job can I give Mr B (despite what I had arranged for him), perhaps washing up comes to mind.

Colin

Only if you want the entertainment value of Karen and me squabbling and risking Karen not feeding anyone.

For anyone driving to the Tonbridge show, there will be no signs up for the model railway show itself. The Angel Centre, where the show is held is well signposted, or follow signs to Tonbridge station and then to Sainsbury's, the Angel Centre is next door to this. There are several long & short term pay & display car parks in close proximity to the centre, at least 5 within 2-5 minute walk of the centre.

Colin

And the pie and pasties?

We have Sainsbury's, Waitrose, Iceland, Co-op, Lidl, Greggs & Bakers Oven all within a 5 minute walk of the centre, also the market will be on across the road, all have been warned. Plus where you are staying the pub next door does a good steak & ale pie :drink_mini:

Colin

SWMBO has decided she would like to check out the shops in Tonbridge, so I'll definately be able to get to the show. looking forward to have a good mooch over BRADFIELD, GLOUCESTER SQUARE followed by joining the RMWeb throng in front of TRENEGLOS :locomotive: :D

SWMBO has decided she would like to check out the shops in Tonbridge, so I'll definately be able to get to the show. looking forward to have a good mooch over BRADFIELD, GLOUCESTER SQUARE followed by joining the RMWeb throng in front of TRENEGLOS :locomotive: :D

Don't forget Leaford Kevin, or Belmont Road, both have threads on here.

Colin

Keith,

Colin is fairly easy to spot. Last time I saw him, at the Erith show, he was wearing a lime green miniskirt and 4" crimsom wedgies.

Bill

:nono: That not very nice is it Bill, especially as you are asking for a favour from me next Friday. I'm more disappointed that we won't be watching you running round the Angel Centre between a layout and the German Railway Society stand, as we have in previous years.

Colin

If anyone has been to the Tonbridge show before, can I just remind you that once again we will have the Riverside Suite upstairs available and there will be layouts up there as well as the public refreshments and bar.

Colin

• RMweb Premium

Any local views on the best route to Tonbridge on Friday afternoon from the Midlands:

a: M1 and M25 Clockwise

b: M40 and M25 Anti-clockwise

b is 15 ish miles longer but google says there's only minutes in the travel time. a has the M1 roadworks and Dartford....

Flip a coin?

Thought I was rostered to be behind the club sales stand and standby Thunderbird :sungum:

Only time I will be happy with the roster will be at 5.00pm Saturday evening :unsure: , and I have removed you from the sales stand so that you can be 'a calming influence' on Matt behind Fiddler's End :mocking_mini:

Colin

b. M40 and M25 anti-clockwise would be my recommendation, the M1 widening around Luton/ St Albans is a vile stretch of 50mph average speed camera hell.

Would agree with Chard Chris, also depending on what time you travel may determine the traffic on QEII bridge/Dartford Tunnel.

Colin

• RMweb Premium

Not long now....must have a look at where about's in the country Tonbridge is ;-)

Err .South you really must get a map book or fit batteries in that old sat Nav

Eltel

Archived