Kernow Bachmann 37 521 - English China Clays

Andy Y

Chris Trerise has just emailed me with an update on the English China Clays 37

Limited Edition News - Class 37 Diesel Locomotive 37 521 English China Clays

We have received the painted sample of our Bachmann OO Gauge Class 37 Diesel Locomotive number 37 521 named "English China Clays" in EWS livery with weathered finish.

prod_28314.jpg

prod_28314_931.jpg

prod_28314_932.jpg

This has now been checked and approved for production with some minor amendments to the weathering, including a change of the colour of dirt to a lighter brown. This will be very similar to the weathered finish on our previous model 37 670 "St Blazey T&RS Depot" which sold out within a few weeks of being delivered.

We are still able to take pre-orders for 37 521 and we expect delivery to be later this year. See further details on our website by clicking on the picture.

prod_28314_933.jpg 32-381R Bachmann 37 521 "English China Clays

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Kernow MRC currently holds the contract to distribute Model Rail items. The two websites are very similar and are linked inasmuch as certain selections from the main Kernow MRC menu will take to you MR items for example http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/category/1041/Model_Rail

37 521 looks good and if I find myself with sufficient hobby funds after the holiday period one might end up here despite being "full" for EWS locos already. I do try to support their commissions when ever I can. For a number of us with even basic skills (which is where I place myself on the scale) it wouldn't be hard to use the Bachmann factory weathering and add to it on the workbench to suit our needs. I have already done that to good effect with several of their other items.

As promised, a couple of pics straight from the box

Detailing and fitment of nameplates required, I'm sure I have a Hornby Class 50 Detail pack (Weathered) that I can use, if not I'll get on the blower to East kent or Abbigails

The detail pack supllied is weathered and includes ploughs, dummy screwlinks and the obligatory Bachmann Pipework

post-7957-0-60400800-1322849990.jpg

post-7957-0-67681800-1322850009.jpg

I will post layout pictures once she is detailed along with other EWS/DBS Tractors within the fleet

Cheerrs Mike

Archived