Hornby Price Reduction

The Stationmaster

• RMweb Gold

I've mentioned this in another thread but I picked up from Kernow's newsletter that Hornby have reduced the RRP on the new BR brakevan to £13.99 and the new Tippler to £9.99 - this might not be a 'new' event but it's only just come to my notice so apologies if it's been covered elsewhere. Presumably the effect of the higher prices on pre-orders from retailers has led Hornby this way but it leaves me wondering about the sort of profit levels they were originally looking for.

• RMweb Gold

Well yeah! I've thought that Hornby's pricing is mad at times, £8.99 for the old Airfix 5-plank wagon! blink.gif Drop the price by a quid and they would fly off the shelves.

Regards,

Nick

• RMweb Gold

I've mentioned this in another thread but I picked up from Kernow's newsletter that Hornby have reduced the RRP on the new BR brakevan to £13.99 and the new Tippler to £9.99 - this might not be a 'new' event but it's only just come to my notice so apologies if it's been covered elsewhere. Presumably the effect of the higher prices on pre-orders from retailers has led Hornby this way but it leaves me wondering about the sort of profit levels they were originally looking for.

I'll be interested in how much the siphons will be unless the chassis is upgraded of course.

but it leaves me wondering about the sort of profit levels they were originally looking for.

Indeed, a welcome development but it does kinda vindicate what some of us have said all along. Thanks Mike.

• RMweb Premium

Well yeah! I've thought that Hornby's pricing is mad at times, £8.99 for the old Airfix 5-plank wagon! blink.gif Drop the price by a quid and they would fly off the shelves.

Regards,

Nick

Drop the price to a realistic £4.99 and I would buy a rake!

Archived