Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the picture update - what's the current state of play with the extension, or has that been removed?

Phil

Hi Phil, the extension has not really worked out, so the layout will be back as it was although the scenic's will be different.

Railfreight Distributions 47 114 hurries a northbound freight through Leaford, including a repaired Car-tic 4 for return to Oxford.

post-5799-0-14550100-1344247315.jpg

47475 said,

"Great to see this layout again. I hope to see more photos posted regularly again".

and 7APT7 said,

"I agree, love to see more photos again..."

Here is another shot of 47 114 (must put detail on the buffer beam) this model started of as Bachmann class 57 I did the oposite of the prototype and turned it into a 47.

post-5799-0-59833600-1344247753.jpg

See you soon,

Kevin.

• Like 4

Shed said,

"My favourite layout on RMweb"

My thanks to you for that shed, here is a another picture featuring some new stock to Leaford, I hope you like it.

post-5799-0-93662700-1344938536.jpg

Class 59 arrives at Leaford with a Foster Yeoman stone working, the 59 will run around before heading back to Eastleigh and eventually on to the Mendips.

Cheerio for now.

Kevin.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can I ask who makes your wagons?

Are the VEAs kits?

I'm after more vans and like the look that you have with your MoD trains

Cheers

The wagons used on Leaford are from a variety of resources i.e. ready to run, kit built, kit bashed, and modified ready to run.

The VEAs are Parkside Dundas Kits.

post-5799-0-63083900-1348416572.jpg

Along with the 21 Tonne hoppers

post-5799-0-40342600-1348416634.jpg

and these Clams and Grampus.

post-5799-0-90345800-1348416726.jpg

These BBA's and BAA's are Cambrian Kits

post-5799-0-25853100-1348416816.jpg

More pictures to follow, you can see these wagons and others as well as the layout at the Warminster Exhibition on the 16th Feb 2013.

See you soon.

Kevin.

• Like 7

Thanks Kevin

I thought they would be Parkside kits, I was thinking of having a go at one myself.

Great pictures again. :)

My pleasure, to be honest the Parkside Kits go together nicely and I think they are good value as they contain wheels and bearings (or they did, I have not bought any for a while) it is certainly worth a go just take your time and follow the instructions.

Some more wagons used on Leaford.

A Cambrian SPA fitted with an Appleby hood recoded SEA.

post-5799-0-26022400-1348495235.jpg

An Appleby PXA, It is a great shame that the Appleby range (full kits) are no longer available they were really good although some of their prototypes have now been manufactured by the ready to run boys i.e. Nuclear Flask wagon and Cargowagon Flat, as far as I know some cast bogies and transfers can still be obtained.

post-5799-0-17159800-1348495756.jpg

And finally another Cambrian SPA in its civil engineer variant coded as a ZAA and named Pike. (dont tell him your name?)

post-5799-0-52559900-1348495923.jpg

Regards.

Kevin

• Like 6

The wagons in the last two pics are parked in the new siding.

Unfortunatelythe new siding is the only bit finished enough to take any photos, and I am not even sure that is final yet! To be honest I am struggling to get it how I want it, I am now on my 3rd try at getting it right.

An FY Class 59 eases its train into the yard at Leaford, the wagons are scratch built and belong to Nigel Crow, thanks Nige.

post-5799-0-42655700-1348634515.jpg

See you soon.

Kevin.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I recognise that head!

Hope you boys enjoyed the rest of the day, wish I could have stayed longer. The little Boys were both asleep by the time we got to Salisbury..

It was good to meet you Peter and put a face to a name and of course catch up, all be it briefly with the usual suspects too...

Kevin, not that you need my approval but I do like the additional siding and openess to the yard.Hopefully get to play in the near future.

Cheers

Scott

• Like 1

I recognise that head!

Hope you boys enjoyed the rest of the day, wish I could have stayed longer. The little Boys were both asleep by the time we got to Salisbury..

It was good to meet you Peter and put a face to a name and of course catch up, all be it briefly with the usual suspects too...

Kevin, not that you need my approval but I do like the additional siding and openess to the yard.Hopefully get to play in the near future.

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks so much for giving me a lift up to Kevins, it was great to catch up. I will come down to you next time I am over, and see some of your green engines.

We did have a good time at Ians, Exford does look great and runs very well. I had a good time shunting locos about the shed area. Ians class 33s and 50s do sound good.

Kevins Leaford is superb and looks and runs really well. My 33010 had a quick transplant and was soon running complete with sound and is seen shunting cement in Phils video.

Thanks again boys for a great day and hope to catch up when I am over here again. :)

Cheers Peter.

• Like 3

What a day!! It was nice to have a chat with everyone, it was incredible having P.C.M there in the room with us rather than the other side of the world, it was good to meet Peter, equally it was good to meet old friends again it was just like being at an exhibition, my scincere thanks to you all.

I was disapointed that I could not continue on to Exford but I am certainly looking forward to our meet on the 26th, in the meantime here is a picture of another Exford taken a long time ago.

post-5799-0-60961400-1349758668.jpg

My best regards.

Kevin.

• Like 5

Some more wagons used on Leaford.

Cambrian Kits YCV Turbot.

post-5799-0-38779300-1349858679.jpg

Cambrian Kits OBA in Civil Engineer's guise as a ZAA BASS. Loaded with Modelscene Concrete Pipes.

post-5799-0-00182600-1349858771.jpg

Cambrian again a YMA Salmon loaded with Peco Track.

post-5799-0-45762900-1349858851.jpg

All of the kit build stuff on Leaford runs on Romford 12mm wheels and shouldered 2.0 mm pin-point bearings

Cheerio for now.

Kevin.

Edited by Hampshire Hog
  • Like 6