Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, just a reminder that the Basingstoke show is coming up in a couple of weeks (12-13 March, Aldworth Science College, Western Way, Basingstoke) Leaford will be there please drop by and say hello.

Household Coal waiting for unloading (and some means of unloading) in Leaford depot.

post-5799-0-81318100-1298200082_thumb.jpg

And a visitor 50031 Hood waits for fitters attention before returning to Eastleigh.

post-5799-0-58421100-1298200271_thumb.jpg

See you in Basingstoke.

Kevin.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward to it Kevin, have we any details of the set up times etc? Should we try an Rmweb meet again at Leaford??

Not had any modelling time myself for a few weeks now so it will be nice to spend all weekend playing trains, I must get that 37 prepared as well.

Hi Darren

Are you coming Sat or Sun? Be sure to make yourself known as it will be good to meet you and have a natter.

Hi Ian,

I think it will be on Sunday but let you know for definite as soon as possible, it will be great to have a natter ;)

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

Today was my practice run for the Basingstoke show (11th and 12th March) I have operated Leaford before but not since the automation has been completed. I have to say its genius, it was a bit weird first off with trains moving and points changing without the human touch but after half an hour of playing practicing I didn't even notice the passenger services coming and going. I was able to concentrate on my favourite part, Shunting wagons.

Kevin did give me a intoduction into the world of automation on the laptop and I now know where the STOP button is should it all go wrong if I'm left on my own. :O

Looking forward to the show, I will be there saturday morning and all day Sunday, im the one without the beard and hair. B) So feel free to say hello although I haven't quite mastered talking and concentrating. Its one or the other. Thank goodness for automatic trains!

Thanks Kevin

Regards

Scott

Hi,

Really looking forward to seeing Leaford at Basingstoke this Saturday!! The layout is right up my street :)

Cheers

Arnie

Hi same here,

Just to confirm due to work commitments I will now be going Saturday morning.

See you all then

Hi same here,

Just to confirm due to work commitments I will now be going Saturday morning.

See you all then

Yes Basingstoke Show less than two days away, dont forget the location Aldworth Science College, Western Way, Basingstoke. Opening times Sat 10.00 to 17.00 Sun 10.00 to 16.00 Oh yes! did I mention that Leaford will be there amongst very distinguished company, I look forward to meeting you all.

Here's a couple of pickies.

Visitor to Leaford, shades of Hamworthy with Powyll Duffryn wagons hauled by heavyweight 37.(courtesy Nigel Crow)

post-5799-0-72458000-1299758256_thumb.jpg

Shades of Amlwch, Redstripe Railfreight 31 and Acid Tanks. (No not that sort of acid)

post-5799-0-86600100-1299758464_thumb.jpg

A rare picture of a bus not on a bridge? admiring glances for preserved King Alfred (Winchester) Bedford VAL GCG704C on shuttle duties to local Model Railway Exhibition.

post-5799-0-96031800-1299758627_thumb.jpg

See you over the weekend

Kevin.

• Like 1

Yes Basingstoke Show less than two days away, dont forget the location Aldworth Science College, Western Way, Basingstoke. Opening times Sat 10.00 to 17.00 Sun 10.00 to 16.00 Oh yes! did I mention that Leaford will be there amongst very distinguished company, I look forward to meeting you all.

Did you mention you were going to be there? ;-)

I look forward to seeing it in real life.

• RMweb Premium

I had my practice run yesterday afternoon and can report the layout is running well and looking great with its new additional fiddle roads allowing a lot more stock to be accommodated. All those coming to see us please make yourself know to one of us as we all love a chat, and you never know Kevin might even let you play with his toys!;)

Heh Kevin did that 37 go backwards through the Eastleigh washer last night?:D

Hi Kevin,

Like the latest pics,B)The Hamworthy steel brings back some memories.

I finally got myself a copy of Modelrail with your layout article, some very nice pics and write up.:D

Hope all goes well, and you have fun at Basingstoke.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Gold

Leaford was running well when I popped in on the way to work.

Here's some video for those not yet decided to tempt you to go.

Leaford 33 & DMU

33 & Warflats

33 and TC

47 and DMU

They are working honest ;)

• Like 1

Nice videos Paul. Really great to see Leaford at Basingstoke again this morning (I know we had it at Romsey last year but I didn't get the time to have a good long look). The sound coming from the Cromptons (no, you can't have too many of them) was so realistic and took me right abck to the 80s. Magic!

Patrick

• RMweb Premium

Really good to see Leaford in the flesh today! Cracking layout :)

Hi Arnie

Did you make yourself known, I wasn't aware you were there?

A good day all round for the 'Leaford on the road crew' after some early teething troubles caused by exhibition rustiness!;) Looking forward to another crack at it tomorrow.

If you're an RMwebber please say hello, its great to put faces to the monikers.:)

• RMweb Gold

You obviously werent watching closely when i was operating.. It did get better as the day went on dry.gif Honest.

I'm only sorry I'd just put the camera away when you did your warm up exercises :lol:

Good job, it's really nice watching it run and between that and Rowlands Castle I was happy and the rest was a bonus. Well worth the journey.

Hi Arnie

Did you make yourself known, I wasn't aware you were there?

A good day all round for the 'Leaford on the road crew' after some early teething troubles caused by exhibition rustiness!;) Looking forward to another crack at it tomorrow.

If you're an RMwebber please say hello, its great to put faces to the monikers.:)

Hi Ian,

Yeah i was gonna say hello but saw you guy's were busy chatting and stuff and didn't wanna butt in, thought it was a wicked show definately be back for the next one!

Morning, I'm up and heading for basingstoke shortly (via kevins). Looking forward to another good day. As Ian has said, please say hello and don't worry if we are talking. We are probably only taking the pi$$ out of each other. We do like to have a laugh and enjoy ourselves. Despite the look of concentration on our faces!

Cheers

Scott