Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

Kevin, that is a cracker. All that spoon needs is a plume of clag! ohmy.gif cool.gif

Thanks for that Alex.

Visitors to Leaford.

Temerair's excellent 33008 "Eastleigh"

post-5799-128059776046.jpg

Pitbulls 37 408 "Loch Rannoch" came to Leaford on loan to cover for failures, sadly it has not been cared for as it is now filthy.

post-5799-128059770294.jpg

post-5799-128059763554.jpg

Kevin.

• Like 1

HI Kevin, hope the job is going ok?? The 37 is looking good, thanks for doing that. Have to catch up at some point, maybe when Ian returns home you can both have a play at Bocott..

Cheers

Scott

Hello Scott, The jobs going fine thanks - a bit time consuming and gets in the way of modelling, anyway, yes when Ian returns a meet at yours would be good.

To Agentskj, I am sorry to say no exhibitions finalised as yet.

post-5799-128060207281.jpg

Regards,

Kevin.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Temerair's excellent 33008 "Eastleigh"

post-5799-128059776046.jpg

Kevin.

Oh you're too kind, although Mr Heljan can have some of the credit!wink.gif

Glad to hear the job's okay so far. Looking forward to a playday at Bocott.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi there Ian, do you run speedlink trains? If so were do they get taken to unload? Pics would be good.

Thanks

Hi Jack

The pic was actually taken on Kevin's layout "Leaford", my Speedlink services just pass by on "Exford Park".

I know, the question wasn't to you sorry.

"Hi there Ian, do you run speedlink trains? If so were do they get taken to unload? Pics would be good".

Thanks

JackBlack

Hi Jack, I do run speedlink trains, and they load and unload at the rail served premises of Exhaul Ltd (Pikestuff distribution depot plus extensions)here are some external photos showing the loading and unloading area, The Gantry Crane is two Ratio kits cobbled together.

post-5799-128204541992.jpg

Class 33 positions vans ready for unloading.

post-5799-128204546101.jpg

Class 37 arrives with more military supplies.

post-5799-128204556896_thumb.jpg

Regards

Kevin

• Like 2

Hi Kevin

I haven't looked at Leaford for a while so I've looked through the whole thread and I must say that you really have done a good job. Yes it's my era and area but the modelling is excellent too.

Any outings in the South in the near future?

Thanks Kevin. Where do the speedlink trains go after been unloaded? What does the shed have to do with it as well?

Thanks

Jack,

maybe I can answer for Kevin as I know he is busy with work.

The Speedlink and other workings are unloaded within the "shed" I'd like to call it more of a warehouse though.You confused me as I was looking for a class 66! ;)

This is a dry area much like any other warehouse so goods can be loaded and unloaded whatever the weather. Once the wagons are loaded/unloaded they either leave Leaford directly or are placed into one of the sidings awaiting a loco or suitable time to depart.

Could I suggest that if you haven't read through all of the pages then you do so at your leisure, as there are many pictures and comments that will explain most things about Leaford.

Like I said, I know Kevin doesn't have as much time on his hands as some, so he cannot always answer questions quickly, that have been left on here. Which is why I make the suggestion of having a read, rather than having those unanswered questions playing on your mind.

I hope this has helped.

Cheers

I think most things are possible, I don't think speedlink trains have to be very long. you could just have a couple of VGA or VDA wagons which are box type vans. They can be unloaded/loaded by a fork lift on hardstanding, possibly with a low relief warehouse near by.

There are plenty of ideas on here, maybe it might be worth starting a separate thread on Speedlink services. I should imagine there will be a few obliging people who have photos of suitable speedlink trains that would look at home on your proposed layout.

Cheers

Scott

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Kevin,

Always nice to see new pics of Leaford, the sleeper reminds me of the short rake that ran from Bournemouth, I think it joined up with a train at reading.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

If my memory serves me I think the other part of the train was from Plymouth.

Another picture: Class 47 at the tail end of a postal.

post-5799-094366700 1284887057_thumb.jpg

Kevin.

• Like 2

Nice Pictures Kevin, the sleeper set does look very good. I used to enjoy going to watch it start its journey in the evening with my Dad. I'm convinced it started at Poole..

As for where it joined up with the other one I'm in the Birmingham camp.

The ARC hopers also look good, the yard at Bocott is clear for their arrival.

Cheers

Scott

Nice Pictures Kevin, the sleeper set does look very good. I used to enjoy going to watch it start its journey in the evening with my Dad. I'm convinced it started at Poole..

As for where it joined up with the other one I'm in the Birmingham camp.

The ARC hopers also look good, the yard at Bocott is clear for their arrival.

Cheers

Scott

Your'e right Scott, most of the interegionals did start at Poole.

Cheers Peter,

Your'e right Scott, most of the interegionals did start at Poole.

Cheers Peter,

I always thought that they combined the Poole and Plymouth sections at Brum NS for the onward journey to Inverness, I used to always see it at Basing I think it was about 8.30pm-ish by the time it got their, it was just such an unusual short train usually hauled by a 47 (I never saw anything else on it). A little bit later there was another 47 on a short parcels (about 2 vans) once completed loading/unloading it took off like a bat out of hell, it must have been an end of shift working, they were great days.

Class 47 rests between duties.

post-5799-052700300 1284908968_thumb.jpg

See you soon Scott with the ARC's

Kevin.

• Like 2

This is the first time ive seen this. Its just fantastic!

One thing i think is really good is that all your marker lights are nice and dim. You see way to many models with bright ones. They were never bright! Just superb!

Many thanks for your kind comments roger440.

A Class 58 places a couple of POAs ready for loading, these are some Appleby Kits dating from the early to mid nineties, it really is a shame that they do not produce kits any more.

post-5799-027817100 1284998371_thumb.jpg

Kevin

• Like 2