Marston

Andrew P

a bigger room.....even the words are a dream to me :rolleyes: , its hard enough negotiating an extra 4ft for Deeping Lane.

I should really start getting my stuff sound chipped tho Andrew, while i dont have to many locos, or ill be hit with the same issue

Yes I have just sold 4 x 25's, a 24 and a Hornby Central Trains 156 that I fitted an Express Models Lighting kit to a fortnight ago to fund the sound units, talk about dooin money but I thought I don't need all those 25's on a single branch line so one Quality 20, 25, 27 and 108 should do for most shows when it is finished.

Sounds like a plan, im under the thinking that having to many locos means dilemmas at shows, especially on a small layout, im thinking of getting shut of my DRS 66, just dont like the thing lol

Finally I have some pic's of the new Fiddle Yard, it is now on a board of its own 4 ft long and will hold the controller and have some room for stock. In the first pic looking from the front of the layout the operators will stand to the right,i.e behind the layout, the track on the left is from the Colliery branch and has access to the first 3 tracks in the fiddle yard so that loaded and empty coal trains can run as per prototype. The track on the right is the main line in and out of the station. The short one in the Middle is the Programing Track.

post-9335-0-59028000-1313867890_thumb.jpg

Still playing with stock and having FROG problems, not sure if I will persevere with this one! Still not sure about the length as I cant use it at home and that is where it is 90% of the time. But I have weathered my Green 27.

post-9335-0-00489600-1314476800_thumb.jpg

Really like the 27, nicely weathered too, just right............

Thanks Black Cat !!!!!!! I did it and thought it looked good but cant remember how I did it. OLD AGE CREEPING IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi George, thanks for your advice today, I will revert back to two boards and use the warehouse idea again to hide a smaller fiddle yard. Doing this will make it possible to fit the controller and programing track behind the warehouse and will also make life easier at exhibitions and more room in the car.

Or just buy a bigger car Andy??

Its not just the car Neil its the room to store it at home, as you know yourself even a 4 x 2 board takes a lot of room when the scenary is 6 inches high on each it then becomes 4 x 2 x 1 foot add another 4 x 2 and I wont be able to get into my room to even switch the blumin light on with Deesdale standing up in the corner and Glen Roy along the other wall !!!!!!!!!!!!!! remember its only a 7 x 9 foot room, Ive got a bigger BATHROOM. :no:

Archived