A couple of questions regarding magnetic couplers...

That said, it's an attractive piece of equipment, and Golden West did have a lot of 50-foot hi-cubes. I would use it for general traffic, especially lumber, so it would go to lumber yards and team tracks.

Yes, let's remember; sleepyrider here is a new convert to the Dark Side - let's not bog him down with too much detail right away - as the saying goes, "Model Railroading is fun!", so let's keep up the encouragement to enjoy himself first and foremost!! Complete accuracy can come later... ;) :drinks:

Yes, let's remember; sleepyrider here is a new convert to the Dark Side - let's not bog him down with too much detail right away - as the saying goes, "Model Railroading is fun!", so let's keep up the encouragement to enjoy himself first and foremost!! Complete accuracy can come later... ;) :drinks:

Indeed, although it helps if you're given correct answers, one of my first purchases could have been a Tropicana liveried 57' reefer as I was told by a trader they were in general pool service throughout the US....

I wouldn't be too bothered about ending up with the wrong freight cars, I had at least one 40' Hi-Cube and have an embaressing number of blue box Athearn, Roundhouse, and P1K kits that'll only see use when Elliot shows some interest but is still too young to be let loose with the scale stuff. At the moment he likes pushing wooden trains around so he's definitely showing some promise...

None taken! It's good to know what's not right so it can be altered in time. Though at present the Golden West car is a key player because it corresponds to the blue counter in my 'tiddleywink computer'! This is only a temporary system however, until I sort out my industries and begin generating proper switch lists.

Archived