The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Sold House Prices

industrial

I am trying to find the value of a house that is for sale now and what it was sold for last time. According to the vendor they perched it approx 4 years ago.

I have googled 'sold house prices' and a lot of sites come up with some you have to register to find out (which I have not done so far) and other I don't have to.

Is there a date when the land register make this available, as the newest seems to be 2005 for that post code.

Put the postcode into google search and one of the first options will be zoopla, which has land registry recorded house prices from about 1995. There are other sites (which also come up) giving much the same information - you don't have to register for zoopla, nor most of the others. You may have to fiddle about a bit to get the exact house you are looking for, but it isn't very difficult.

Guest Natalie Graham

You'll have to wait until Monday, for some reason their website only works during office hours, but the Land Registry will have authoritative details of any transactions for the property in question.