Lets go to birmingham 2011. Marylebone to Moor St

• RMweb Gold

Also colas locos are currently running with the GSM2 system/software whereas chiltern are (as far as i know) running the original set up, the difference from a drivers point of view is instead of having to enter a 5 digit journey code and location code when you set up you now only have to enter the trains headcode and location code (signal number normally) which is a lot better as you are not relying on someone such as your control or signaller generating a code should you not have one (on a vstp or l/e move for example)

• RMweb Premium

All this radio network stuff sounds rather silly to a novice.

Why so many different set-ups?

Why hasn't a national system been installed and rolled out across the whole network in a short space of time?

All these different systems seem as if they could lead to confusion.

Keith

• 1 year later...

All this radio network stuff sounds rather silly to a novice.

Why so many different set-ups?

Why hasn't a national system been installed and rolled out across the whole network in a short space of time?

All these different systems seem as if they could lead to confusion.

Keith

gsmr was to replace all these other systems and give national coverage.

its now fully live across the network

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

a little resurection for this thread....

been sent this picture of the new signalling for the southern aproach to the new Bicester chord

F59A8ACA-E26E-418A-B3AA-F6F99EEABD76.jpg

a brand new LED splitting distant, are there any others in existance?

i believe its been set up like this to allow the barriers at bicester town (london road) to stay up longer, not had a look at my 'yellow peril' for the area yet to get the ins and outs of it, not that ive done a bicester job for a long time

• RMweb Gold

a little resurection for this thread....

been sent this picture of the new signalling for the southern aproach to the new Bicester chord

a brand new LED splitting distant, are there any others in existance?

i believe its been set up like this to allow the barriers at bicester town (london road) to stay up longer, not had a look at my 'yellow peril' for the area yet to get the ins and outs of it, not that ive done a bicester job for a long time

I think there might be at least two others if the signal heads have been replaced/updated like all the others in their vicinity - and they actually look like splitting signals instead of someone making a mistake and planting two signals instead of one ;)

I think there might be at least two others if the signal heads have been replaced/updated like all the others in their vicinity - and they actually look like splitting signals instead of someone making a mistake and planting two signals instead of one ;)

There's one at the country end of the Reading Flyover, which I presume to be an LED Type, although I haven't seen it head on, so I can't be sure.

Simon

Archived