Muting sound on diesels.

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon.

Is there a way of shutting off sound on a DCC diesel as all I think I can do at the mo is Function 1: Start up/shut down?

The reason I ask is that when one of my loco's/units disappears into the kick back sidings/fiddle yard I'd like it's engine sound to shut up but not shut down and so that just before it reappears I can turn on the sound again.

Thanks,

Phil @ 36E

• RMweb Gold

Press F1 when it is moving to turn it off, pressing it a second time*, when moving, turns it on but without the startup/shutdown bits. We do that all the time on Widnes :yes:

*And the loco can stop in the middle of these presses !

Guest Natalie Graham

Is there a way of shutting off sound on a DCC diesel as all I think I can do at the mo is Function 1: Start up/shut down?

Use half of each option to get a 'shut up' setting?

Sorry. I think my coat is the one in the corner.

Most US outline chips have a mute function on F8. Very useful as the start up and ###### down procedure can be a very long and drawn out affair. I agree with Widnes lads, what we normally do on UK outline layouts is get the loco running on fiddle yard (sound off) and then hit F1 avoiding all the start up etc. Full starts are limited to locos sitting on shed and turned off.

Archived