expoEM North 2011

DerekEm8

On a certain Scottish layout hopefully...... :drinks:

BTW Tim Easter will be joining us too :yahoo:

one hour on 2 hours off :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :yes:

That's his usual ;). I'll see if I can bring a surprise item along to get Martin worried :devil: .

I will be traveling to ExpoEM on Saturday with several members of the Cumbrian Regional Area Group on the 7.30 Carlisle to Leeds, then on via Huddersfield. We will be getting on at various stations - Carlisle, Appleby, Kirkby Stephen etc. so if you see us do say hello!

The CRAG is supposedly a Scalefour Society Area Group but we comprise modellers of all 4mm scale formats, with a wide range of interests and experience, who live in an area bounded by Carlisle, Keswick, Barrow and Askrigg. We meet usually on the first Saturday of each month at members' houses. If you live within that area you would be welcome to join us.

Ian Everett

One week to go.

(Yet another gentle bump)

The tension is unbearable, a whole 7 days to winding Arnold up to the Nth degree for the last time, a shame due to a band practice for the National finals in 3 weeks time that I cant do both days. Otherwise i may have just got him ballistic :bomb_mini:

4 days to go....

I shall be doing my best endevours* to get to Slaithwaite, especially if its moving venues to the wrong side of the hills from next year ;)

*28miles as the crow flies.....2 hours by train :O

A bit faster if you travel via Wakefield Kirkgate, Mickey. You get there at the same time, but you get an extra quarter hour in bed. If the weather's ok, I take the Sheffield-Huddersfield direct and walk the canal towpath to Slaithwaite - about 4 1/2 miles. Not saying you should do that - I need to walk anyway to keep my femoral arteries open and the canal's a pleasant way to do it.

Am going to try to get there - last year's planned visit was screwed by having to work because the builders were late handing back. We've got builders in again this year. sad.gif

And the builders are not yet finished - they should have handed over last Friday. No ExpoEM North this year again for me!

• RMweb Premium

Just had an email from Crispin Denny and sadly he is unable to make it to the show due to a family illness. So it will just be a motley crew of our usual suspects! If anybody comes to the show and fancies the idea of driving a train or two on Leighton Buzzard, please make yourselves known and I am sure we can accomodate such requests!

Just had an email from Crispin Denny and sadly he is unable to make it to the show due to a family illness. So it will just be a motley crew of our usual suspects! If anybody comes to the show and fancies the idea of driving a train or two on Leighton Buzzard, please make yourselves known and I am sure we can accomodate such requests!

I'm so sorry I will not have a chance to meet Crispin, who Peter Denny replaced with his wonderful "Automatic Crispin" to control his fiddle yard, since I once wrote a computer program which did most of what AC did. I called it "Digital Crispin".

I'll be joining the head of the queue of "guest" operators of the great PD's layout. It would be a dream come true!

Ian

I'll be joining the head of the queue of "guest" operators

Is it possible to join the head of a queue? If you join at the head then there is no queue, unless either a queue of 1 person can exist? Either that or you plan on pushing in, but I wouldn't like to presume that... :O

Is it possible to join the head of a queue? If you join at the head then there is no queue, unless either a queue of 1 person can exist? Either that or you plan on pushing in, but I wouldn't like to presume that... :O

Yes you can if its a last in, first out sort of queue..

As I will be there from marking the floor out on Friday afternoon until sweeping it up on Sunday night it would be nice if fellow RMWebbers would make themselves known (for a change). I'm the grey haired, grey bearded, bespectacled bloke with the sylph-like figure :scratchhead: trying to look busy all weekend.

There are also a number of RMWeb members behind layouts and a well known one who will no douby 'be back in an hour'

So come and make yourself known,

There are 3 great lies in this world, the first?

"The cheque is in the post"

The second: "of course I will respect you in the morning"

And then theres the third:

I'm the grey haired, grey bearded, bespectacled bloke with the sylph-like figure :scratchhead: trying to look busy all weekend.

Looking forward to this weekend.

Well, that narrows it down to about 50% of the likely congregation! Oh - I'm the grey haired, clean shaven bespectacled bloke... ;)

Ah but have you got short fat hairy legs as well :O

Off in a few minutes to start marking out the floor plan etc.

A small corection to the demonstrators

Malcolm Crawley is unable to attend on Saturday but will be with us on Sunday.

Chriss Hewitt will be occupying Malcolm's place on Saturday only.

I am also advised that a collection of good quality locos and rolling stock will be for sale over the weekend.

See you all over the weekend.

Just got home after a good day setting up. Just one layout and two traders to arrive in the morning!

Which other exhibition set up day can compete with a Princess Royal with 12 on (on the viaduct over the leisure centre) powering up towards Standedge Tunnel as we were closing up. Even the East Coast brigade (the Retford Mob) were impressed. :boast:

See you all over the weekend.

• RMweb Premium

Well, we are all set up and ready to go. A couple of small repairs needed to Leighton Buzzard, as every time the layout is moved, another couple of ancient solder joints give way, otherwise all is well. Fingers crossed things will stay that way over the weekend!

Archived