Mill Lane

SquireBev

• 2 weeks later...

Been on holiday, so progress has slowed down somewhat.

Got some foamboard for my upper surface, and faced the platform walls with Wills dressed stone. Also picked up some more Slater's stonework from a shop in Scarborough (never realised it was so well served with model shops. Even Boyes has a decent selection of stuff)

DSCF1706.JPG

Platform facings:

DSCF1707.JPG

Bit of styrene strip to hide the joins, and then a bit half way along each wall section to make it less obvious that it's only there to hide the joins.

Still haven't dared do the platform surface yet, in case I muck it up and have to start again.

Also need to decide what to do with the edges of the upper surface, as at the moment it's quit obviously three layers of card. Will have to find some styrene channel or something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking really good! Following this layout with interest!

However - if I may point out one thing which stands out as being out of place to me, and that is the blackened walls on the town section. The grime in post 31 was spot on, but I think you've gone too far in the last post. Looks a bit too blackened at the bottom. Just my opinion, of course.

Good luck with the rest of it - a very interesting, compact idea!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi,

Congrats on a really nice project.

Can I ask about the platform surface - it looks like you've carved the paving into it. Can I ask what you used as a base?

I first thought it was wills paving sheets as it looked so good!

I'd also like to mention that you have a real good eye for the 'colour' in your stonework and scenery - very good.

Cheers,

James

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Started on a footbridge, scratchbuilding with foamboard, plasticard and styrene strip.

DSCF1957.JPG

Obviously it'll have a roof, and a glazed section between the panelling and the roof.

Got some Wills dressed stone on its way from Hattons to give the whole thing a proper texture, and I'm going to build a waiting room into the base of the structure.

Archived