Dunwoody Halt, 00 Gauge Late 60's

Anvilton, N Gauge, steam green diesel

Bardowie, 00 Gauge steam green diesel

Allium Yard, O' Gauge LNER

Elliott Bridge, 00 Gauge Present day

Rosebank Shed, 00 Gauge Steam green diesel

, Kircudbe, O Gauge Steam and diesel

Triang Display.

66G, OO nineteen eighties depot diaroma with Dcc.

Culreoch, Em Gauge, steam green diesel

Hardley Main, OO Gauge Colliery

Griffen Dock Road, OO Gauge 1980's onwards

St Ann's Depot, OO Gauge Blue Diesel

Traders:

Squires Tools,

Cheltenham Model Centre,

Pooleys Puffers,

Doon Valley Models,

Finishing Touches,

Trains on Time,

MB Models,

Douglas Blades Books.

Club Second Hand Stall

Displays By: Roland Turner, Bobby Glass, Thistle Model Makers, Demu.

Ample free parking, Easy walking distance from main bus and railway stations

Hello Again

Please feel free to say "Hello" if you are attending our show, I'll either be on the cash desk or operating Swinlees. A big baldy headed bloke with an "Ayr Mrg" t-shirt on. I know Jamie, Gridwatcher and Scottish Modellor will definetly be there.

Anybody else planning to visit?

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

I will be there both days as well this year in Sunny Ayr and am looking forward to it - not sure where I'll be staying yet but will be there with the DEMU boys. And before you ask - it will be ready by next years show!

All the best,

Mark

I will be there with my St Ann's Depot (rail blue 1983) which is under the banner of my club which is also bringing along Bardowie (steam and green diesels). May need some assistance on St Ann's dependent on how many club members we can muster. Please stop and say hello.

are we still on for next year for The Maxwell Colliery Loading Point?

Max Fowler

• RMweb Gold

Hi All,

DEMU will be there to provide entertainment and atmosphere.

Ayr will be the next stage of building the fiddle yards for our group layout ' Edinburgh - Southside'.

With a bit of luck it will be wired by the end of the show!

Other things wil be happening on the stand as well.

We don't have any of Mike's layouts to take up all the modelling time this year.......

Time to get on with the modelling - Joy!

Thanks

As you will see from one of

Please note that Calder Road from East Kilbride Model Railway Club is NOT scheduled to appear at the 2011 Ayr exhibition.

Unfortunately due to circumstances outwith our control Calder Road will Definetly not be appearing at Ayr 2011.

A worthy replacement has already indicated their willingness to fill the void.

Stephen

Show Manager

Ps Mark. Have you found digs yet?

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

The worthy replacement is......

Griffin Road Dock - Mike Bartle.

Photos here:-

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n100/Scottish-Modeller/Mike%20Bartle%20-%20Griffin%20Road%20Dock/

The Scottish DEMU team will be present to support and assist Mike as well as on our society/demo stand.

So much for getting a weekend of layout building in at the show :threaten:

See you at the show!

Thanks

ps - Mark and Andy already sorted for accomodation.

Hi Stevie,

Phil and Mike have taken care of the accomodation planning and looking forward to helping Mike on his layout, I think he is leaving us lot to run the layout though as he has already made his excuses about manning the entrance! Still Griffen Dock Road is an excellent layout to operate and look at it so hope to see you all there!

Thanks,

Mark

Hello Again

Another Layout has requested to come to the show. And being one to never turn down a generous gesture. I am delighted to accept.

The layout in question is 66G a nineteen eighties 00 depot diorama with DCC.

That now makes fourteen layouts on display.

Thanks Again Andy. Much Appreciated.

Stephen

• 2 weeks later...

As there's now just over 2 weeks to the show, a wee bump to bring it to the top of the page.

I will be there on Sunday at least, getting in the way helping Jamie operate Culreoch. I'll be

the grumpy looking old geezer causing chaos and Jamie will be the tall, worried looking one.

Jim

Jim, you ain't seen me worried. Friday night @ Bonnybridge with reversed polarity wiring on a fiddleyard - now that was worried.

See you there folks, cannae wait. :)

(edit: PS, nice green diesels for sale in RMWeb marketplace, potential to collect @ Ayr ;) ;) - I'm subtle, me )

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward to it. Will take a trip down and sample a new 380. Hopefully the weather will be better than this weekend- from what I can gather the dregs of Hurricane Katie are about to hit. Still it should drown out these chirping Bachmann 20s!

We will be there on Friday at 3pm for set up and whole weekend running Elliott Bridge in pretty much present day form. I have galleried some images of the layout in my Gallery section under layout running in 2001 form. Look forward to it. Modelrail Live....who needs it?

Finaly managed to arrange a day with you all. I'll be there on Sunday with the family.

Eddie (Emac), will you be going Sunday? I'll give you a lift.

Look forward to seeing you all there,

Mark

Hi mark will be going down on sunday will email you

eddie

Dropping in with a brief note of thanks, Stephen. I had a ball of a time this weekend, and I hope my team of helpers (of which more anon... ;) ) enjoyed themselves too.

Would like to supply pics but only managed three decent shots out of two dozen attempts (how do folk do it? - all I get is darkness, blur and/or camera shake in exhibition conditions)

Hello

Well that's the show over for another year.

I would like to thank all the layouts and traders that attended for making it possibly our best attended show ever.

I hope everybody who attended enjoyed their visit and thank you for coming.

Jamie. Glad you enjoyed the show your layout was one of the star turns.

Thanks Again

Stephen Cunningham

On Behalf Of The Ayr Model Railway Group.

Stephen - thank you for a great show. On behalf of the Glasgow and West of Scotland MRC crew operating our Bardowie and my St Ann's Depot layout enjoyed ourselves and there was a great mix of layouts.

All I have to do now is get The Maxwell Colliery Loading Point ready for next years show!!!

Max Fowler

Hi Stevie,

Finally back on line and just wanted to say thanks again for putting up with all of us at the excellent show you and and the rest of the Ayr group put on. It was nice to catch up and see so many from on here there too! There was a good selection of layouts and trade which meant having to add a flask to my fleet and another 26 as Cheltenham model centre had some at very good prices! Didn't get much modelling done on the DEMU stand due to playing trains on Mikes layout which was a great way to spend the weekend. It was also nice to see Dunwoody in person so to speak and Andys depot was also very well done. Anyway heres a few shots I grabbed on the Sunday afternoon:

Phil has been working on a nice rake of steel wagons in N gauge on the DEMU stand

post-6863-0-96538600-1316805566_thumb.jpg

Elliot Bridge always had lots going on

post-6863-0-59605600-1316805731_thumb.jpg

post-6863-0-55767300-1316805767_thumb.jpg

The detail on Dunwoody is truly outstanding and it was nice to see this layout up close. The colours, little cameos and subtle weathering just bring the whole scene to life.

post-6863-0-24650700-1316805855_thumb.jpgpost-6863-0-82564300-1316805871_thumb.jpg

Busy times at Griffen Dock Road

post-6863-0-80510800-1316806034_thumb.jpg

Jamie - I blame the hall lights where your layout was as this was the best shot I grabbed of your layout.

post-6863-0-76389100-1316806144_thumb.jpg

The snow has fallen and the cement works looks a little eerie after the last train has been despatched! A nice dutch 26 relegated to engineers duties passing through Swinlees.

post-6863-0-00990800-1316806284_thumb.jpgpost-6863-0-41339200-1316806305_thumb.jpg

The rest of the layouts were also very good but my other photos don't do them justice so havn't been included!

Thanks and see you all there again next year - well so long as the layout is ready I'll be allowed back! - Stevie don't worry the layout will be ready on time!

Mark

Archived