7mm o gauge modern image wagon kits

richard60098

Hi all,

After working on, weathering & detailing a friends pair of o gauge Heljan loco's i'm quite interested now to try a wagon kit, after searching the net i've failed miserably to find anything barring old style wagons from parkside dundas and similar, now after attending exhibitions and seeing o gauge stock running there seemed to be a lot of modern image air braked stock available i just don't know the places and names of the kits to type in and look thru? Can anyone provide me with any info as i'm quite keen now to jump to o gauge and thought best try a few kits before spending 5 ton on a jltrt kit or a Heljan loco!

Wagons i'd like if available? Tta tank wagons (jltrt's kit seems bit pricey for me) also air/vac braked engineers stock, and any modern era 80's/90's railfreight stock, i'll definately get a better idea if i know wats available and a rough price two.

Kind Regards

Rick

Thankyou for the info and links felas, think i'll go for the GJH plant POA & VGA van 1st then move on to the more complicated etched brass kits those PRMRP kits look amazing especially the bogie tank, HEA and SHARK looking forward to making some i've done kit/brass bashing for 15yrs in oo gauge and now want to try o gauge wagons.

Cheers again chaps.

Rick.

Hi chaps, another question if you can please bit of a mine field with all these wagons and geting parts for them, if i was to buy a parkside grampus engineers spoil wagon were could i get the up to date round axle boxes from to replace the square ones the kit comes with?

Also got another Heljan o gauge 47 on the go and found out today that neither shawplan or fox does rail riders in o gauge does anyone know who does or were i could get the name plates from as my mates set on his model been rail riders now!:(

Thanks Rich.

There is one that may do the transfers but I think they are water slide, I think it is are called Cambridge transfers, he is a modeller and a one man band. Also for the wagon kits have you looked at Invertrain, they are all resin bodies and need wheels.

webbo

Hi thankyou Webbo, yes precision labels do transfer foil nameplates any you want as a custom job in any gauge the problem is its o gauge and this may look ok in n or oo but in the big scale with transfer plates its not gona look to clever!

On invertrain yes they stock the resin gjh plant kits thou can't see any round axle box covers for the parkside grampus engineers wagon yet anywere?

Anyone know?

• RMweb Premium

On invertrain yes they stock the resin gjh plant kits thou can't see any round axle box covers for the parkside grampus engineers wagon yet anywere?

Anyone know?

Hi

If you send off for the Appleby Models lists (send John Talbot an SAE at his PO box) you'll find virtually all you need. I would think all the bits to convert vanwides to VEAs too and certainly roller axle box castings. Appleby do a load of transfers too.

Good luck!

Hi

If you send off for the Appleby Models lists (send John Talbot an SAE at his PO box) you'll find virtually all you need. I would think all the bits to convert vanwides to VEAs too and certainly roller axle box castings. Appleby do a load of transfers too.

Good luck!

Hi Tim thankyou yes i keep puting it of i'm used to emailing or buying online not this sending letter lark but i'll do it next week and see whats available as theres some cast bogies i need from John two.

Cheers for the info chap:)

• RMweb Gold

you don't mention your location. But if there is a good 0 gauge trade show in your area its surprising what can be available. Guildex has just gone but Reading in Dec and Bristol in January/Feb are usually good.

Don

Hi chaps, another question if you can please bit of a mine field with all these wagons and geting parts for them, if i was to buy a parkside grampus engineers spoil wagon were could i get the up to date round axle boxes from to replace the square ones the kit comes with?

Also got another Heljan o gauge 47 on the go and found out today that neither shawplan or fox does rail riders in o gauge does anyone know who does or were i could get the name plates from as my mates set on his model been rail riders now! :(

Thanks Rich.

Guilplates will be able to assist with RailRiders nameplates

==============================================

Anyone know?

In the Parkside Grampus kit there is roller axleboxes and with care you can make it into the 8-shoe vacuum brake version.

Michael

Archived