If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello from Leeds

theenglishman1944

Hello everybody, first time for me,so please be gentle !! I am building a layout (in it's very early stage, in the loft) ) relating to Freightliner at Leeds. This is after a break of nearly 40 years from the hobby.

Also, I met Mark Casson, Grime Street, who gave me some really interesting info on Leeds Trams, which re-kindled an already keen interest, which in turn promted me to join the forum.

Looking forward to some interesting contacts.

Welcome to RMweb and what a great choice of modelling topic. There are a couple of us on here with an interest in Team Green.

What scale are you modelling in? Dont forget to put lots of pictures on the layout forum...

Have fun looking around, theres lots to see...

Cheers

Scott

Hello Scott, Thanks for your reply. I am modelling in '00' still in it's early stages and like alot more, I am buying for the project.

The latest project, a scratchbuilt 'Carrycon' as in 'Southampton Maritime'

Even though I am retired, not enough hours in the day !! How did I find time to go to work ?

All the best,

Brian

• RMweb Premium

Welcome to RM Web. There are quite a few of us around Leeds (Gildersome for me). We had Grime Street at our little exhibition at Gildersome on Saturday. If you are interested in Freightliner models, a new one based on Stourton is being built at the Wakefield Club and Woodfield Road is a new one in EM Gauge that appeared at Expo EM over the weekend and will be at the Wakefield show in November. If you are interested in thrams keep in touch as I am involved in the Leeds Transport Historical Society which is restoring one at 12" to the foot. If you are interested in coming to see the layout at Wakefield you would be very welcome.

Jamie

Hello Jamie, Thank you for your welcome and posting. I was at Gildersome on Saturday and had quite a good chat with Mark Casson, Grime Street.

I went to Wakefield last year and will definately be there this time. I have an interest in trams and I am at the moment motorising a Feltham, with a BEC,

twin bogies. I will bring along an original Leeds Coat of Arms transfer,that came from the Kirkstall Road Workshops where a friend of mines dad worked

a lot of years ago.

Thanks again for your contact Jamie.

All the best for now,

Brian English

• 2 weeks later...

Ah another Yorkshireman! :D Excellent!

Welcome on board, make sure you post your layout developments in the Layout thread :yes:

Cheers Tom (North Yorkshire)

Archived