Felton Lane (Goods). West Durham in the 1940's.

Worsdell forever

Paul

It was great to meet you today at Goathland, having viewed your workbench and layouts on here for a while.  I was impressed to see Felton Lane in the flesh and SWMBO really liked the layout as well.

The 1001 is really something else - I just hope Derek never succeeds in his campaign to get you to respray it a strange shade of red.

Anyway as you can see I've finally taken the plunge and registered on here so I won't be a silent observer any more!

All the best

Joe

• 3 months later...
Guest Q663368

Who was it said, "model railways is a hobby for those of more mature years"?

I wonder if the hair colour was the same for those watching the diesel layouts?

P

Where is the hare (hair) ?. I thought it was a shiny reflection. That could have been me.

Where is the hare (hair) ?. I thought it was a shiny reflection. That could have been me.

Hair today, gone tomorrow.

It took me ages to spot the operator.

Makes it sound like he's in the Secret Service.

P

Hair today, gone tomorrow.

Makes it sound like he's in the Secret Service.

P

Funny you say that.

Turned up today, I was handed the controller and they were off - another one of their dates.

To be fair I had an excellent time shunting the layout although some things ended up where they shouldn't.

Guest Q663368

Funny you say that.

Turned up today, I was handed the controller and they were off - another one of their dates.

To be fair I had an excellent time shunting the layout although some things ended up where they shouldn't.

Was it a hair raising experience ?.

Archived