Felton Lane (Goods). West Durham in the 1940's.

Worsdell forever

• RMweb Gold

Felton Lane is set up at the moment for a spot of maintenance before going to the Peterborough show this coming weekend. there were a couple of dry joints on the track to sort and a lumpy bit on the point by the signal cabin, I think I've got all these sorted now, anything that has been missed will appear on Saturday morning...

I'm also doing a bit of maintenance on the locos, some needing bits of chipped paint touching up and the J21s pick-ups were found to be loose!

Anyway, a photo of J24 5627 just to get back to region and era... what some people would call a 'topic reset'.

post-7104-0-89746400-1381741722_thumb.jpg 

• RMweb Gold

What started out as a quick job on the J21 reattaching the sockets under the cab where the tender pick ups plug in, has turned into a near re-wire! once they were re glued on something was shorting intermittently and the wires seemed a bit stiff and were causing the tender to run a little 'skewed'. It really needs to go through Darlington works and have a heavy general overhaul (the driving wheel bearings are shot! and it needs a repaint.) but it runs so well I've kept it going. It will have to be withdrawn after this weekend!

New wires attached, leaving loco and tender permanently coupled.

post-7104-0-56757800-1382038643_thumb.jpg

Archived