To the pub!

Schubert

HI,

thought i would upload a couple of pics of a conversion of a scaledale corner shop i have just carried out for a friend's layout.

It was a simple conversion:

New sign boards built on top of the old ones.

New 2mm wider front door to replace the solid one.

modified ground floor windows (removal of glazing bars & add 'frosting'

addition of hanging sign

repaint yellow bits red !

cheers

Al

post-5132-12595113936753_thumb.jpg

post-5132-12595114427461_thumb.jpg

Oh yes, that's delightful. Beautifully and subtlely done, I like it. I'd consider getting a thirst on, but I'm taking antibiotics ;)

As a time-starved modeller (tell us something new...) I like the potential of tweaked Skaledale - this is a great example. Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice indeed. :) I've been working on a corner pub from the Metcalfe 'Corner Shop' kit lately, which has included recladding the model in Scalescenes brick papers to create a slightly different effect from the usual. As has been said, it's the changes made to these 'straight from the box' models that makes all the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

That looks great!

To really make the scene, you need a group of smokers huddled outside.

Given the cars parked outside I'm sure the smokers will be happily inside puffing away.

I think it looks really good. A nice but relatively simple conversion. Thanks for sharing

Andrew

• RMweb Gold

I'll join the crowd, this is such a great example of what a big difference a bit of RTR tweaking can do - in your case very skilled work too. Very inspirational, and makes me thirsty too. Hmm, better wait till after lunch though biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

HI,

looks good,I think you should go for the chimneys and the sign. Where did you get the sign from? It looks particularaly good.

Al

With a bit of photo shopping you can make your own signs. heres some I did in 10 mins. Right click and copy the image if you like. You will need to resize them for your scale

post-6844-12663420474347_thumb.jpg

And another one

Hi, Martin,

I haven't posted here for years, but as the thread was "Adapted 'ready-rolled' models" and I had just finished this I thought it about time.

The sign is scratch-built, fully hinged on 0.3 mm wire 'eye-bolts', from 1 mm strip and a Photshopped watercolour painting.

I have obtained rights from the owner of Portsmouth Pubs

http://www.portsmouthpubs.org.uk

to use his material in modelling so there may be another this year. It's a great site into which lots of work has gone, and a treasure house for period modellers.

I do like Als, nice work.

This will probably be it for 2010!

Best wishes,

Chubber

Doh ! I didn't think about photo shopping 'non pub pictures' to make the signs, I just spent hours trawling the net for some good pictures of existing pub signs, Ah well next time maybe. I did use word to create the signs above the windows though, turns out one of the existing word 'fill' colours was an almost spot on match for humbrol no. 174.

Al

Hi, Martin,

I haven't posted here for years, but as the thread was "Adapted 'ready-rolled' models" and I had just finished this I thought it about time.

I'd noticed you'd not been about for a long time. Glad you're ok, hope you keep well.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived