Possible rare Class 21 picture

Oldfield_Park

Hello all.

I'm not a Scottish area modeller, but I happened to stumble across this image a while ago. I may be wrong, but I sense it's incredibly late for the connecting doors to be in use within any class - let alone the Class 21s.

http://www.railphotoprints.co.uk/index/detail/3671/D6141-D6156-CoveBay-1065-RPCBR105.jpg.html

Thought it might be of interest given the impending Dapol release.

We'll get ye tattooed with a Saltire yet, laddie - coming out with 61A FILTH of that nature.

Brilliant spot, and possibly the first time I've seen Sad Eyes with umbilical cord deployed.

My mate lives in Cove, I'll tell him to keep an eye open tomorrow when he pilots yet another Turbostar through that very locus.

Somebody linked to that shot in the actual Products thread, but it is a cracker, well worth another look. Also found today, courtesy of Jim G on Western Thunder (shot #9, if the link doesnt go straight to it):

http://railway-photography.smugmug.com/Class21-28/Class-21/16807182_rrTm86#1423536430_gtXRLmp

A few nice diesel shots on there, but you gotta love that train formation with the four BGs :sungum:

• 4 weeks later...

According to Dapols website it's a class 22, Diesel Hydraulic for the Western region that they are doing. Cannot find any reference to a class 21 (or 29).

Thank you as I am in the middle stages of detailing an Hornby Class 21, with a lot of alteration.

Lots of problems with it and it will only be accurate from one side as it appears that the sides are the same for both so the detailing on one is the wrong way round.

Will soldier on regardless. I suspect that when I am finished that somebody will release an accurate model of the class.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/5863815597/in/set-72157626906365181

From the same collection that Chard linked in his HBS thread, I give you D6152, the last survivor of the 20 GNoS machines (withdrawn 16.8.68, outlasting its kin by eight and a half months). By that time it had been transferred to Eastfield; it's tidy enough, but nowhere near as smart as it would have been when running off Kittybrewster.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/5863815597/in/set-72157626906365181

From the same collection that Chard linked in his HBS thread, I give you D6152, the last survivor of the 20 GNoS machines (withdrawn 16.8.68, outlasting its kin by eight and a half months). By that time it had been transferred to Eastfield; it's tidy enough, but nowhere near as smart as it would have been when running off Kittybrewster.

Top Link Ian, and what's more, with recent filth like this, aided and abetted by the big blue book of ScR diesels that came out not so long ago, I've found myself piecing together a mental picture of the fleet, and more specifically its regional character. The GNOS machines are a fascinating parallel in many ways to the HBS, but even more esoteric given their very short lives. That this refugee ended up at 65A is a story in itself.

When we get the ScR Sad-Eyes RTR I reckon it's a stone-hearted cynic that won't foresee some explosion in modelling transition era Moray Coast, West Highland and Central Belt, to name three of the areas that were briefly synonymous with the 21s and 29s.

(I'm gonna stop this now, before I get onto the Three Hour Expresses along Strathmore, and Dave sees Inchkennet rematerialise in a whisky haze...)

..., I've found myself piecing together a mental picture of the fleet, and more specifically its regional character.

I'd expect nothing less, obviously :sungum: TBH it does peeve me a tad that so many folk think the Scottish type 2 fleet was one mahoosive conglomerate that roamed the Region indiscriminately. Oh and they all had snowploughs and tablet catchers y'know :no:

Archived