Loriots

Hi Guys

I am going ratty looking for this. Someone on this board built a rake of these (fairly sure it was these anyway)

I cannot find the item here (mutter mutter)

The article was also in one of the mags as I found it around the same time I saw the item here....

I cannot find that either.

Any and all polite suggestions would be really appreciated.

Khris

Was it on the delectable Pallet Lane, perchance? http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/1730-pallet-lane-1977-br-blue-urban-branch/page__st__25

Google may be your friend sometimes, because it links to specific parts of RMWeb threads, it's a decent search tool. If it's not the above, there were a couple more RMWeb references in the immediate results locked-onto by the big G.

No Chard,

But thank you for the effort. I have a feeling the item was part of a larger thread here.

The guy had built about 10 or 12 of the wagons. The last I saw of the article was that they were to be run in rakes I think and were still in white styrenne.

Khris

OH! A bell rings - was it a Southern station set in wartime, with a yard full of the things awaiting parked ranks of military vehicles? I remember that one because it was a very unusual idea for a prototype. Wasn't it in Hornby mag?

I'll just have to go through them all. The mag article actually had blacked out patterns you could use. You only had to copy from memory.

I actually cannot help but wonder whether it was in a MRC issue.

In the last 2 years I have collected that many mags it just isn't funny, and frankly, no-one would want to have to rely on my memory or they would be in diabolical trouble.

All I can say is thank god I have a good and loving wife/memory. :boast:

Khris

• RMweb Premium

Hi Guys

I am going ratty looking for this. Someone on this board built a rake of these (fairly sure it was these anyway)

I cannot find the item here (mutter mutter)

The article was also in one of the mags as I found it around the same time I saw the item here....

I cannot find that either.

Any and all polite suggestions would be really appreciated.

Khris

MRJ No. 17 p 232, had an article on building a Loirot.

Kevin Martin

Thanks Kevin, but I don't have that issue at the moment.

(I have another 3 parcels coming from the UK though of about 40 mags)

Just going to have to dedicate a wet day to going through all the mags I have.

It shouldn't be to hard because although I haven't made a list of all the articles of interest I have tagged them so I shall have to see.

Wish I knew how to amend the topic line as well!

Khris

When you say, you've been collecting magazines for the past two years,you don't know how sad that makes me feel, I can go out to my shed and look at magazines going back to to the sixties, and what worse, some go back to the fifties!

But I would not now know what they contain, I did start a card index of drawings, artilces etc that were in my sphere of interest,thinking one day I would build a data base (pretty radical thinking in 1973) but even now I'm retired time is of the essence, there just dosen't seem to be enough of it, and I do like to sit at my workbench and do stuff and go out to the shed and run trains, but where does the time go?

Oh, I just remembeedr why I looked at this topic, I have a K's GWR Glass Case wagon or parts thereof, is that of any interest?

Gents,

I have found the article.

BRM February 1998.

I have saved it as a pdf if anyone else wants to have a go.

For those who are interested i n having a go Baldrick25's thread is good and also the side thread about casting as well.

As an aside, after going through magazines for over 4 hrs in the end, I found it interesting going through various mags. The early BRM were very good mags with a lot of info. Well to me anyway. Same with railway Modeller, model Railway Constructor, Model Railway News and it's successor, and another I cannot remember the name of.

I guess it is a sign of the times that there isn't as much about scratchbuilding nor even modifying as much in these days of fairly accurate RTR models.

It is a shame really, as I find it enjoyable to build something from scratch, not that there is anything stopping myself or anyone else for that matter but unfortunately it does reflect in the magazines of the day.

To one and all, thank you for your input it has been great.

Khris

Was it on the delectable Pallet Lane, perchance? http://www.rmweb.co....ch/page__st__25

Google may be your friend sometimes, because it links to specific parts of RMWeb threads, it's a decent search tool. If it's not the above, there were a couple more RMWeb references in the immediate results locked-onto by the big G.

Timely thread this, I was approached at Cheltenham last weekend about my Loriot, one of the organisers has a Cambrian kit and was facing some of the same issues/questions I had when I built mine. If there is interest I will do a step by step guide on building one, it definitely helped assembling it in a different order to the instructions?

Archived