A slightly odd query

I need an A2 boxfile for a projected layout - These appear to be non-existant - so would it be beyond reason to make a boxfile style container, to put a Micro/boxfile layout in? As is the case for an A4 boxfile, it would be slightly larger than A2.

Your thoughts, gents and ladies

Jack

Well if I can take an A4 one apart and put it back together then I'm sure you could make one in any size.

But at A2, I would seriously get worried about how solid it would be as a traditional box. Preventing twisting might be difficult especially if built from cardboard. Of course this could be overcome by building it in traditional framed baseboard style - but then when does it cease to be a "boxfile" and simply become a normal layout?

Long and involved story, but I have been inspired to adapt a layout in N built in a boxfile (which should be in the next issue of MTI). My version will need to be doubled in size to A2. Your suggestion of an Underbed box is both good and sensible, but would need further adapting, and I think the "Build it yourself" route will be quicker and easier. It would be made from thin MDF, rather than cardboard, and glued throughout

A lateral thought. How about cork notice boards? Wilkinsons have had some of late at a quid or two, and Ikea do one called the Vaggis (probably a Swedish version of Haggis). These cork boards come out at approx 24 in x 14in. A bit smaller than A2 but may be worth a thought.

Eric.

Archived