PECO TURNTABLE IMPROVEMENT

Hi all

I am in the process of "improving" my PECO Turntable. Does anyone have any pics of their finished, weathered versions?

I am going to put brick plasticard around the vertical wall of the well but think there may have been a slight overhang of the top surface on the original turntables - any ideas/help?

Ta

RR

You could try brick paper instead of plasticard on the walls of the pit, it will be much tinner so won't jam the table and it should bend more easily too. There is plenty of of sources online - I just typed "oo gauge brick paper" into Google and a few came up.

I would be intested to see the results of the improvements as I might try them myself.

I thought about brick paper but it doesn't have the texture that I would like. I have some Slater's brick plasticard that I will try although it may require the ends of the deck to be shaved. I used milliput on the well joins and will paint dark grey with some talc powder mixed in. The top of the well will need scribed to represent paving.

Will post some pics when complete....

• RMweb Gold

On Fisherton Sarum I used the Peco turntable but scratcbuilt new sides and a turners platform to better represent the heavy girder style of Salisbury. I used spray paint to paint the well itself.

post-243-0-44669300-1320177412_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-42457900-1320177438_thumb.jpg

Taking shape now except for the winding mechanism, platform and steam pipe. Have added brake levers.

However, it looks like if I try to extend the deck to include an outrigger platform as per prototype then the wheel will get in the way of the platform ! I also don't know whether to scratchbuild the winder and steam pipe or just buy an old Airfix/Dapol kit and use the bits from this... probably the latter.

Archived