Prodigy

I have built a number of their wagon kits. They kits go together quite well and I have never had a problem with missing orders etc. I live in Australia too !

good :)

they come as a kit (with wheels/couplings) rather than just the bodykit. thats why i am hoping to get it.

they do some accesoires (gwr seats for example) for quite cheap prices.

• RMweb Premium

Do you mean Cooper Craft?

I wondered that too browsing through the latest posts. It's tagged "copper" as well which might be misleading. "Cooper Craft" are the makers of small plastic kits and bits which I find very useful and easy to build. Copper isn't one of our most popular modelling materials however ......... :no:

• RMweb Gold

I wondered that too browsing through the latest posts. It's tagged "copper" as well which might be misleading. "Cooper Craft" are the makers of small plastic kits and bits which I find very useful and easy to build. Copper isn't one of our most popular modelling materials however ......... :no:

Oh, good, glad it's not just me. There are lots and lots and really simply oodles of modelling things about which I know nothing, but just occasionally, well.......

I have built a number of their wagon kits. They kits go together quite well and I have never had a problem with missing orders etc. I live in Australia too !

Tonight will be my 4th phone call to the UK to get an order organised through them.

First he says he cannot supply 1 item

Then it he didn't get the order

Then it is I cannot supply the 1 item again so I reorganised the order on the phone gave CC details and I still haven't heard Jack **** 2 weeks later!

Then I have a mate over there saying things are bad.....I'n not surprised.

NOT impressed.

Khris

• RMweb Premium

Are you trying to order through a retailer or direct from Cooper Craft?

The reason I ask is because the comments you make need to be linked with the business you are dealing with specifically.

I have never had a problem obtaining Cooper Craft items via retailers who have stock but there may be times when items are out of stock for an extended period.

Mike,

If answer 10 is mine, I am talking of dealing directly with him.

I made another call a couple of nights ago and supposedly the items were to be sent that day....

I note my bank account still hasn't had a debit from him yet.

I am not trying to knock the guy for the hell of it...if I am told it will take x number of days/weeks I can accept that, but when I am left with the impression things are going to happen within a day or so, I don't think it is unreasonable to start to get annoyed.

It is not as if I can just ring up arrange a time to go pick up the items and be done with it....I only wish I could afford to sellup and move over there.

Khris

"I made another call a couple of nights ago and supposedly the items were to be sent that day....

I note my bank account still hasn't had a debit from him yet."

Khris

I have dealt many times with Paul at Cooper Craft and always found his service to be excellent, the goods often arriving before the charge was put through!

Retro_man

Canada

All,

I don't think I am being unreasonable as this order originated on 30/6/11 (originally via email).

Either way, as for their models themselves, I find they go together well and would recommend them.

Khris

thats nice, so thinking of geting one

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Given I can whinge and bitch, I can also say Thank you.

After all the hassles ordering from Coopercraft and the phone calls, I have now rec eieved the parts I ordered.

The last hold up was my Credit Card...may have been insufficient funds or may have been the wrong number I am not sure.

Either way Paul confirmed the payment had gone through after the last call and goods were on their way.

So with Christmas over and done for...thank goodness, parts have duly arrived.

Paul has had issues with the Coopercraft emails....I do not know if it is sorted but I used the googlemail address someone posted and messages have gotten through.

I have posted this because we are always so quick to complain but no-one ususally gives the outcome.

Khris

I used 3 of the cooper craft MK1 underframes as the basis for my Motorail flats and found them well detailed and relatively straightforward to put together, can't comment on ordering from them as I bought them at a show from a trader.

Archived