When is Bachmann cl37 417 Highland Region due out?

Bruce Depot

Tried searching the forum but cannot see any mention of when 37417 with DCC Sound is expected to hit the shops? Anyone

know please.

thanks

keith

Keith/all

Received my L/L blue 37 417 this morning. The livery application appears spot on. Correctly featuring NO orange cantrail stripes (unlike the pre prod mock up photos) The no's look just right size wise, and the Stag's are more to scale than previous issues ie 37 025 etc. Straight out of the box it runs "silently" with none of the grating gear noises of earlier versions. The bodyshell no longer features opening cab doors. So far so good.

Sound wise - it's a big dissapointment to my ears. A Loksound V4 is fitted, but it appears to use V3.5 files. Confusingly the supplied paperwork has V3.5 CV and F button settings ? The brake sound prior to start off/stopping is missing, very strange, as it is present on the V3.5 version ? It has Notching on F5/6 although it works a little bit differently to the V3.5, having very little delay on pushing the buttons, but can still be used before moving off etc.

F Buttons - as on the decoder:

F1 - Sound On/Off

F2 - Single tone horn

F3 - 2 tone horn

F4 - Air brakes ?

F5 - Notch Up

F6 - Notch Down

F7 - Shunt/Inertia On/Off

F8 - Cab lights

F9 - Flange Squeal

F10 - Air tick (dryer)

Overall I'm very impressed with the model itself, the sound less so, and as others have commented, putting 3.5 files on to V4 decoders, the only benefit appears to be more volume. Comparision to my preferred Zimo/Digitrains Multidrive 37/4 is like day and night ! A reblow for the Lok 4 beckons !

Archived