Network Rail Transit Van

Hugh Flynn

• RMweb Gold

Reviewed in the Railway Motors thread.

Saw it mentioned but can't find a review in there?

I see they followed the idea scale model vehicles did with a transfer fir the side window. Just needs a ladder rack on the side.

I'll get one and I'm tempted to open the side door, so probably need two really, and detail the inside like my standard transits.

Saw it mentioned but can't find a review in there?

I see they followed the idea scale model vehicles did with a transfer fir the side window. Just needs a ladder rack on the side.

I'll get one and I'm tempted to open the side door, so probably need two really, and detail the inside like my standard transits.

The ladder rack is only on the S&T vans so if you do the interior it would have 3 seats in the back. The PWay vans without the rack, have mainly 5 seats in the rear 3 forward and 2 rear facing. Hope that helps.

Merf.

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Merf, I've got a few pics of our S&T vans with the side rack. Two on order from MSIM now but just had another idea. My plan is to have a road along the front with a lay-by by the access gate so I might fit an indicator that works and have it stopping traffic to turn in to the gate. Saves animating all the cars ;)

The van with added detail to make the S&T van that I had before retiring.

Spinning ventelators, roof mounted spotlight, rear step, gas cylinder hazard symbol and the ladder rack. We never used it for the working ladders as we had a folding one in the van. It was often used to carry signal ladders and point rodding to site.

Merf.

post-1625-0-68932600-1322133867.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Just put mine in place:

post-6910-0-73497200-1322672635_thumb.jpg

May do some modifications to the van in due course and will definitlely be getting more if another batch is run off as these sold out very quickly (mind you the fact my local box shifter is two miles away from a Network Rail S&T Depot may have had an influence on sales!!)

Archived