Farish Presflos

Crepello

• RMweb Premium

A useful find, thanks for the tip. I might try some of these on the inner ends of my Dapol B-sets which are also not graced with NEM pockets.

Glad to have been of help to you. I've just used up my supply of this item now on conflats, old-style tankers, opens , HAAs and LNER-style brake vans. What a difference they make, transforming toys into scale models. Now I can't find a further supply--don't seem to be on Model Junction or American Bachmann sites--I've e-mailed both to clarify--will let you know outcome.

Pleased to say I've now got a couple of close-coupled Presflos by fitting Bachmann 'dummy knuckle couplers' (item 42532) in place of the Rapidos. I got these from Model Junction, Slough, (usual disclaimer). A great improvement, with no problems on small radius points but a fiddly job with those springs flying off into the carpet! These couplings seem to be the answer for the short-wheelbase wagons in the Farish range where NEM pockets aren't practical, so long as standard couplers are at the end of a rake.

Do you have any snaps of the converted stock?

Regards,

Alan

I've now found these couplers are obsolete and difficult to source. Hopefully I've tracked some down in New York!

That is a pity, they looked like an economical solution for fixed rakes of non-NEM stock.

Does anyone know of a similar alternative?

• RMweb Premium

That is a pity, they looked like an economical solution for fixed rakes of non-NEM stock.

Does anyone know of a similar alternative?

Matthew,

I've ordered mine from Trainworld somewhere in New York. Pity Bachmann don't carry on producing them for the UK market. Good luck.

John.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

A bit of an update to this topic.......

I've tried the same with the mineral types--standard 16 tonner and slope-sided. They've got a different type of coupling box with longer 'prongs' with 'projections' to secure them to the chassis. They're very difficult to remove and seemingly impossible to get back, although the couplers fit as above. I resorted to cutting off the projections but will now need to glue them for security. They do look good though, turning the as bought 'toy' into much more of a scale model. Pity Bachmann don't cater for more serious modellers in this respect. What I don't know yet is whether this type is confined to the mineral family or whether they're used at random in assembly. Can Bachmann help on this please?

Matthew,

I've ordered mine from Trainworld somewhere in New York.

It looks like they have plenty in stock but I'm put off by postage - it says at least $24.99 but won't confirm how much until after order confirmation.

That sucks

• RMweb Premium

It looks like they have plenty in stock but I'm put off by postage - it says at least $24.99 but won't confirm how much until after order confirmation.

That sucks

Dave,

My lot (5 packs) set me back £54.52 plus the real sting in the tail £11.84 import VAT. That's enough for 50 wagons and works out at £1.33 per wagon and is well worth it for the improvement in looks. I just hope the minerals problem can be resolved as I'd planned a decent length coal train.

Archived