Rails of Sheffield and the Derby Lightweight

manxman

Many model shops, both large and small, have been selling the Derby Lightweight, but Rails appear not to have been supplied with any.

I have had one on order since May 2010. Rails keep silent on the matter. Will it arrive eventually?

Can anyone throw any light on what is going on, please?

I'd be interested to hear what Rails themselves have to say on the matter. They're a well respected and highly thought-of retailer in most corners where I've shone my pen-torch over the years, so I'd be very surprised if anything dubious was going on.

Have you called and asked them?

I have spoken to them and they were taking the matter up with Bachmann and I have e-mailed them but had no reply.

I totally agree they are well respected and can be totally trusted. No doubt they are unhappy with what's going on.

Thanks for your interest, Chard. I have just spoken to them again and been assured their supply is in the container on the high seas ans have paid (by gift voucher) in full the pre-order price of £71.50.

Patience is a virtue, but I'm going to the dentist....must remember to keep my mouth shut.

.... just spoken to them again and been assured their supply is in the container on the high seas.........

Interesting, I spoke to them last Friday and was assured that they would be here this week as they were going to collect them from Bachmann.

Perhaps an official statement from Rails on their site would clarify the matter.

Cheers Godders

Friend of mine ordered one from the Signal Box. He was visiting the area last week and popped in to see where his Lightweight had got to. They informed him they had only been delivered 4, So it looks like the first delivery from China was a bit Lightweight if you excuse the pun.

It seems very much like pot luck as to which shops get a particular model first - I was wanting to buy a couple of models newly released a couple of months back but trying to get them both from the same place was impossible. Read that Bachmann had flown some models over primarily for Warley and rest are on a ship.

Archived