MRJ Subscription on-line

beast66606

• RMweb Gold

http://www.newsstand...bscription.aspx

Not connected or tried, I spotted this whilst trying to find a present my girl can buy me .. allows up to 16 issues (£77.68) to be ordered in a subscription.

They also ship to overseas destinations - Aus is £93.47 for15 issues for example.

• RMweb Gold

But MRJ on online subscription? That's a start!

Well 'yes' and, er, 'no' as the subscription is not with Wild Swan but with Newsstand - who I believe also do sell subs for other model railway mags and they are not the only news trade supplier who does this sort of think - I found another one running 'Model Rail' subs a couple of days back.

Think i'll stick to £3 a copy over ~£5. I guess this company would be buying in from wholesale rather than direct from Wild Swan? Its convenience for the online generation though I guess.

My own articles gained a couple of spelling mistakes during the digital to paste board to digital changes. MRJ is only one shelf of an Ikea bookcase though and that is the entire set so i'm not too worried its not digital.

• RMweb Gold

Think i'll stick to £3 a copy over ~£5. I guess this company would be buying in from wholesale rather than direct from Wild Swan? Its convenience for the online generation though I guess.

MRJ is £3.95 Craig ...

Or those of us who don't have a shop within 30 miles that sells it ... 60 mile return trip means its cheaper to pay the extra £0.90 (or so) to get it delivered, one can also pay for 16 issues in advance and it will just turn up,and if not I can post things like "my subscriber copy didn't arrive in Norfolk today"

MRJ is £3.95 Craig ...

Cover price, not club price.

Im lucky in that mine is delivered to the club and I just pick it up in the P4 cupboard there when it arrives. I agree about the benefit of not having to wonder when it'll be in Smiths!

One issue to find now and i'll have completed my back catalogue all the way back to issue 0 that was published around when I was born!

MRJ is £3.95 Craig ...

Or those of us who don't have a shop within 30 miles that sells it ... 60 mile return trip means its cheaper to pay the extra £0.90 (or so) to get it delivered, one can also pay for 16 issues in advance and it will just turn up,and if not I can post things like "my subscriber copy didn't arrive in Norfolk today"

Or if you're in New York......relying on "Club" price would surely break them.........

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

One issue to find now and i'll have completed my back catalogue all the way back to issue 0 that was published around when I was born!

Hi Craig, I have them back to 0, all bought when they appeared so your closing comment makes me feel a little old!

Which one are you missing? I have a handful of doubles, if not try Simon at http://titfield.co.uk/

cheers Jerry

Which one was 0? The one with the 08 climbing over the matchstick?

I used to have two collections of magazine from 0; "MRJ" and the British "Handgunner" - my old Mum (RIP) threw them away in a fit of dementia (I had them stashed at the old home after my first divorce).

Best, Pete.

Hi Craig, I have them back to 0, all bought when they appeared so your closing comment makes me feel a little old!

Which one are you missing? I have a handful of doubles, if not try Simon at http://titfield.co.uk/

cheers Jerry

Thanks Jerry (and Martin). I've been able to pick most of the issues i've needed up from the club for £1 when they get collections in and hopefully 8,9,11 are arriving this weekend and maybe the 86 that i'll then finally need.

The postage is usually more than the mag from other sources hence i've just waited for it to turn up locally.

Sorry for making you feel old Jerry! I do feel lucky to be young in the era of massive growth in what's available within the hobby though sad I missed the glory days of the prototype.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I took the plunge and decided to buy a subscription through this service, my latest MRJ*, 212 arrived on Saturday, which appears to be only a couple of days after direct subscribers, for me it is a very useful service and worth the extra to get it delivered.

No connection other than a now happy subscriber.

*I even got the extra S

Archived