Bachmann split headcode peak

Michael Delamar

ive lost all heart with this one, was supposed to be an easy rtr loco,just an impulse purchase,

spent £160 on loco, 25 on some detailing bits and 20 on having it reblown, its brand new, if anyone wants to make me a silly offer of what a non sound loco would cost, im not going to spend £100 on another chip,

i want it out of my sight now, think the warrantys been made void a bit:) just wants a couple of wires resoldering and putting back together.

IMGP6936.jpg

ive lost all heart with this one, was supposed to be an easy rtr loco,just an impulse purchase,

spent £160 on loco, 25 on some detailing bits and 20 on having it reblown, its brand new, if anyone wants to make me a silly offer of what a non sound loco would cost, im not going to spend £100 on another chip,

i want it out of my sight now, think the warrantys been made void a bit:) just wants a couple of wires resoldering and putting back together.

:(

Don't give up. ESU (in my case via SouthWestDigital) have replaced 2 chips that I killed (functions went high) without quibble. It's not a waste. You've put a lot of money and time into it and you've learn a lot. Sleep on it and I'm sure that tomorrow you'll not want it to beat you. Contact Howes / SouthWest Digital and talk with them. If the both come back "no" then ok flog it. But give them the opportunity to help. I cannot believe you're the only one to have trapped wires resulting in a slowly dying chip.

Luke

Yes. Royal Tank Regiment is another one waiting in the wings and is my favourite loco. No beading round the edge on this one. I'm also a fan of Grenadier Guardsman and this one has no beading either.

Perhaps it depended on whether the loco was named in works or not - just speculation though, not based on fact.....

Cheers.

Sean.

• 1 year later...

Archived