NEM pockets/boxes

• RMweb Premium

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can source the pocket/box as illustrated (crudely) below, I saw a stand at Warley showing similar products but have not been able to find them. I hope the diagram will jog someones memory or point to a source..Thanks

nem pocket.doc

It looks rather like one of the range of NEM boxes are made by a small French firm YDModels http://www.ydmodels.com but they tend to be replacements for older couplings and specific to particular manufacturers mainly Jouef, Hornby Acho and France Trains so I don't know whether they'd be relevant to any UK rolling stock.

Yves Dessis (a good bloke) whose firm it is started with resin mouldings (I did some product testing for him very early on)but most of his NEM boxes are now folded nickel silver etchings designed to use the original coupler screw mounting. Yves also does a range of replacement components such as buffers and roof vents to bring older models back up to scratch. His site is in French but he accepts PayPal and I've always found him very easy to order from.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Chaps I am not going to Watford but will look out for yours Bill.

The NEM Boxes that Yves Dessis manufactures are just the type of thing I am looking for but obviously I am not sure of fitting, however the France Trains look good. I may get some to assess but would rather by British if they are available here.

Such a simple thing that will allow modellers to swap a whole raft of old tension locks for new NEM pockets tension locks

Such a simple thing that will allow modellers to swap a whole raft of old tension locks for new NEM pockets tension locks

Both Parkside and Chivers make mounts that will take the Bachmann NEM pocket as used on their wagons and replacement couplings.

Adrian

• RMweb Premium

I believe the Parkside/Chivers are just replacements for existing NEM fittings (I may be wrong), I want to take the old tension locks off and screw in the sockets to convert them to NEM couplings.

I believe the Parkside/Chivers are just replacements for existing NEM fittings (I may be wrong), I want to take the old tension locks off and screw in the sockets to convert them to NEM couplings.

As I said, these are mounts that will take a Bachmann NEM pocket (like the ones on the Bachmann wagons), allowing a wagon to be built with/converted to NEM pockets.

Adrian

Archived