Backtor

Hi,

New to the forum so hello to all the members on the forum. Hopefully i'm posting this in the right place.

Little bit about the layout.

Its 16ft x 1.5ft. It is built up of 4ft x 1.5ft boards. The Era I've decided to go for is that of the Mid 90's giving me a wide amount of liveries to pick and choose from. The layout itself inc operates a small TMD, something similar to Warrington, a place where locos are serviced and fueled. It also has a stone loader, for loading ballast trains (Courtesty of Bachmann) and a station at the far end of the layout. Hope in the near future to extend the layout to a total length of 24ft by using cassettes for means of a fiddle yard, instead of having a fiddle-yard around the back of the layout. So is currently an End-to-End layout. All the track is Peco Code 100, and Inslufrog.

The layout is DCC, but chose Inslufrog, due to on a layout I had a year or so ago having so many problems with wiring. My controller is the Gauge-master Prodigy Advance.

post-14128-0-27638600-1325869762_thumb.jpg

This shows the TMD Area, the coaches behind it are where the lines will go to the fiddle-yard.

post-14128-0-61459700-1325869780_thumb.jpg

This shows the general outline of the layout.

post-14128-0-45776400-1325869799_thumb.jpg

post-14128-0-48877400-1325869814_thumb.jpg

This picture shows the layout of the track heading down towards the station area.

.post-14128-0-16943000-1325869975_thumb.jpg

Comments Welcome,

Regards,

Cameron

Thanks for the comments guys, hopefully bring you some more pictures later, just about to start fitting the platform tops! Also Scott will check the maker of them lights for you, and get back to you!

Regards,

Cameron

Finally finished laying the platform toppings.

@Scott the maker of the lights that are fitted in the yard are Viessmann. The code number for the none LED one is 6363, 63631 for the LED one.

I've attached a few piccies of tonights progress!

post-14128-0-33887400-1325966206_thumb.jpg

post-14128-0-97748600-1325966228_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Cameron

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Had a trip out today to the Barry Potter fair at Buxton to see if there were any bargains to be snapped up. Managed to find a couple but nothing much to be had. Managed to get hold of another bridge, for this end of the layout, which all will be revealed later. Also bought a new station building for the up platform, which has been placed, but not permanently fixed into position yet. Finished the ballasting, and now started to add Grass, as can be seen in the photo. We've also fitted the Ground signal for the siding next to the bay platform, which is yet to be wired up and tested. Bought a few working lights for the car-park which will go around the back of the station. and will go around the back of the signal box.

Attached a couple of pictures below, and have also put a couple of trains in the station to give you an idea of the size.

post-14128-0-27239000-1326057325_thumb.jpg

post-14128-0-81545600-1326057359_thumb.jpg

Comments are welcome,

Regards,

Cameron

very nice Cameron, only thing i can suggest is that the ballast needs some weathering, you can do it with cans or an airbrush or even powders, will add another dimension to your track work.

Hey,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for showing off your layout! I love the flow of the lines. I'm very interested to see your progress so I'll be watching your thread :D

Keep the updates rolling!

Regards

Lee :)

Thanks Lee, progress is coming along nicely, I'm happy with it so far, just a lot of ballast to lay, and a lot of scenery to go! This is the first of 4 boards! Still got to attach the back scenes to the layout, make it look a bit more layout like! And thanks for the warm welcome :D

Regards,

Cameron

Been a while since i've done any but finally finished fitting the lights to the car park behind the station. I've attached a photo below, ballasting is now well under way, with the 3rd board going through the process as we speak! Hopefully should have the rest of the layout done by beginning of next week.

post-14128-0-18170600-1326456591_thumb.jpg

Comments welcome, (And yes I know about the wonky platform lamp!) lol

Regards,

Cameron

Archived