Can't see the wood for the trees.

I have a fairly extensive stretch of hillside to cover in trees. Who makes the best ones of a reasonable size?

I can't afford to buy the really nice(ie EXPENSIVE!) ones tho I may scatter a few about. I basically need a Big Bag o (nice) trees. something a step up from the usual bottle brushes.

I do recall seeing some very nice fir trees that were sorta fuzzy, can't remember what make they were Might have been Busch or Noch.

Chameleon,

I have used sea moss covered in small leaf scatter, Kris has provided a link for the Modelshop but the kits are available from several sources, including Gaugemaster who also supply the scatter for the leaves. £20-25 provided well over twenty trees of various sizes and I still have some sea moss left. All you need is some dilute PVA and a little time.

Harold.

• RMweb Gold

The Chinese do bulk packs of trees at reasonable prices. (see eBay) http://www.ebay.co.u...=p3286.c0.m1538

I bought a bulk pack of these a few years ago - and the day after they'd arrived, so did another, identical package! I would say they are very good value, but the colours are all the same, which helps the price. So adding some flock/scatter of a different colour can bring them up a bit. Actually, they make a fine woodland, and then perhaps you splash out on a few of those other makes in this thread, to represent the front row which will be subject to closer inspection.

• RMweb Gold

Hmm. Will have to have a closer look tonight. I need about 200 trees but am looking for an autumnal feel. I do wonder if Ian's comment above may give me a way of achieving that without breaking the bank. Also going to have a go at making my own.

Archived