Helston Branch visitor figures

Kris

• RMweb Premium

Nice one, visited the site about 3 years back on a coach trip with SWMBO, she liked the gardens, I liked the railway win-win.

What they could do with now is some feature to lead punters from the gardens up the hill to the station.

I an a volunteer at the Helston railway. For the past three years I have been working on a BR 20T brake van (B954673), it Is now almost complete, just got to add the stove and finish some details inside. Every sunday between 10 - 3 brake van rides are available, so why not come down and have a ride and say hello.

post-9949-0-79007500-1327093416_thumb.jpg

As a local resident and enthusiast and possable volunteer ( although time is a big constrate ) , i have one comlaint. That is you have to pay the entrance fee to Trevarno Gardens even if you just want to visit the railway. Where else do you have to pay to visit and then pay again to ride on the service ??

I know members get reduced entry fee but it still puts me off. Maybe if visiters wanting JUST the railway could use the east side entrance to the gardens with a gateline barring garden access placed by the reindeer stable........ .

Even so, a tremendous job is being done and await the furthur developments that the future will bring.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Tempted to have a look but got NT membership and have family connections to Glendurgan, also like Trebah

Trevarno was expensive AFAIR and we can't do all gardens that easily.

The line should never have been shut - it was fixed to make it look bad.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE :

Trevano will close from 22 april. New entrance to be used for Helston Railway and i take it WITHOUT the additional entry fee so thats good for visitors who just want to see the line.

Class 117 centre car also added to fleet for use as loco hauled stock.

Archived