Polybulks

Wummyock

I don't post opinion in answer to a question.

But you did, anything which is unsubstantiated is merely opinion if you would like to provide factual evidence for your claim that they are "canned for the immediate future" then do so otherwise just stick to the point please, if you wish to provide evidence out of public view then a pm to the admin team is fine, if you want to argue in the thread, that is not fine.

Still listed as "on order" on Bachmanns wagon list on their website and this was last updated 15th Jan so looks like they are still planned. I will try to find my last collectors club mag, see if there was any info in that on them.

From the horse's mouth.

The drawings and the photographic portfolios we assembled are in the factory.

They are now subject to drawing work being undertaken for the tool makers to work from and for tooling.

They are in the system - we have done our bit - now we have to be patient!

Hope this reassures you they have not been dropped!

Good news. They were the only thing in the Bachmann 2011 range that excited me! This is not a gripe with that announcement though - just shows how lucky we are and how much is already available.

Bruce

Good ho, I wonder if a couple will be suitable for my 1983 Banbury -Hull grain train ?

Wrong sort of Polybulk, alas- despite what Bachmann said on the publicity material, the type they're bringing out is the sort used for industrial minerals, such as china clay, lime, sand and so on. The only time that I've heard of them being used for grain was a brief traffic in feed wheat to Pinhoe (near Exeter), using wagons that had taken china clay to Italy.

The ones used for grain are considerably longer, and have sliding hatches for each compartment, rather than a one-piece swinging cover.

• RMweb Gold

But you did, anything which is unsubstantiated is merely opinion if you would like to provide factual evidence for your claim that they are "canned for the immediate future" then do so otherwise just stick to the point please, if you wish to provide evidence out of public view then a pm to the admin team is fine, if you want to argue in the thread, that is not fine.

So Mod3, how did you manage to read my mind and deduce that what I posted was only my opinion and that I hadn't asked someone at Bachmann, which is what the original poster should have done, and then he could post the information on here for us all to see. Try moderating pointless questions in posts instead of trying to be clever and score points off someone who is trying to be helpful.

To all of you who clicked "like this" on Mod3's posts, remember, when you see a bandwagon going past, it's too late to jump on it.

Normally I wouldn't enter a debate in a thread but as you've seen fit to start it.

So Mod3, how did you manage to read my mind and deduce that what I posted was only my opinion and that I hadn't asked someone at Bachmann,

It's quite simple, you failed to put the words "after checking with Bachmann" remember it's very easy after the facts become public to claim you did something.

Try moderating pointless questions in posts instead of trying to be clever and score points off someone who is trying to be helpful.

Being helpful means adding weight to your posts when asked, you had the option to simply reply (to my prompt, which really should not have been necessary) "I've contacted Bachmann" but you had instead chosen to make an argument out of something petty, therefore I am wasting my time moderating unsubstantiated opinion when I should be modelling or something far more pleasant. You obviously fail to see the difference between a posting which says "I contacted Bachmann and they tell me xyz model is delayed" and "xyz model is delayed".

You were also wrong in your statement and yet there does not appear to be any form of apology.

Archived