Station Platform overbridges

Hi guys,

I have just completed the track laying on my layout, which comprises of a 4 track through road through a station, but i am struggling to find an overbridge from platform to platform. The span i need to cover is 11 inches centre to centre

I didn't think of this when laying the trackwork as i thought i would pick one up easily, but i'm finding that this is not the case.

I have measures Hornby's plastic offering, and the Skaledale one, and also the Metcalfe example, all of which are just too short.

Are there any out there that can be extended at all ? :unsure:

• RMweb Gold

Try this lady's offering. Buy two and extend away! At this price you are not risking too much.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dapol-C04-Footbridge-NEW-00-Gauge-/130633603592?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item1e6a5e9a08

She is a seller I can recommend, by the way, and I believe also runs a bricks-and-mortar shop, in Preston.

is the scalescenes one suitable?

i've often found that kits give more clearance than needed, the Dapol (ex airfix) one will happily span twin tracks not stood on the platform while giving plenty of clearance for stock to pass under.

It is however, easily manipulated to any shape and configuration you desire and makes a decent model.

I shortened the upper sets of stairs to make it a tighter, and more realistic clearance to stand on the platforms of my last railway, if you're having OHLE then you won't notice the distance.

Kitlady has furnished plenty of stock on Teviotbank. Recommended (no connection other than as satisfied customer).

Ive been buying off her since 89/90 when she used to have a stall at the boot sale at Clitheroe and have never had a bad experience. Would highly recommend both "kitlady" and her shop in Oyston Mill in Preston.

Archived