On Cairns Road Workbench - a Colas Class 37 and some 20s

Hi Andi,

You must keep your thread going! There is always something interesting coming off your workbench which myself and others want to see, not that I am biased in any way!

Anyway with work and so on not had much chance to get on here or take photos to add but as Andi mentioned 37 602 was heading for Rannoch thought you might like to see it stabled at Rannoch for some possible snow clearing duties - believe it or not there was some sleet in Edinburgh today! It has travelled up to Rannoch with one of the newest members of the DRS fleet 37 409 which is ex works from Andi as well. I need to get my lighting sorted for my layout so that I can get some better photos but here are 37 409 and 37 602 at Rannoch. These are the first 37's I have in the compass livery which suits the old 37's well. Thanks again Andi for all your hard work on these two.

Thanks,

Mark

post-6863-127370366263_thumb.jpg

post-6863-127370369363_thumb.jpg

post-6863-127370372319_thumb.jpg

Many thanks for all the kind comments, I'm glad people are still reading! I don't mind silent readers either, just as long as I know people are looking!

Mark the 37s look good on Rannoch, can't wait till its finished!

I am currently working on my Europhoenix 86s, which will appear on this page soon... and some 60s!

Cheers,

Andi.

Hi Andi ,

Keep up the good work your doing some great repaints still, ive had a few months off modelling with alot of personal things happening but its good to see your still doing your high quality repaints.

Il keep looking back at this because some of your repaints are brilliant , just a shame ive changed eras to BR Blue now but still have 37419/667 and 20905 on a display shelf.

Mark

looking forward to seeing what will become of my 86 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Your wish is my command...... not finished but work in progress!

post-7239-127472704664_thumb.jpg

Also completed a trio of tugs, 60001, 60019 and 60500, as follows:

post-7239-127472713815_thumb.jpg

post-7239-127472715566_thumb.jpg

post-7239-127472719679_thumb.jpg

These are modelled around 5 years ago, so in traffic rather than battered!

Cheers,

Andi.

Hi Andi ,

Keep up the good work your doing some great repaints still, ive had a few months off modelling with alot of personal things happening but its good to see your still doing your high quality repaints.

Il keep looking back at this because some of your repaints are brilliant , just a shame ive changed eras to BR Blue now but still have 37419/667 and 20905 on a display shelf.

Mark

Mark,

Thats no problem, I still do blue!!

Cheers,

Andi.

I love the '60's Andy. A quick question though.... With the new Heljan '86 available - will you be looking at a few of the non available liveries worn by that class? I'm thinking a nice model of Elizabeth Garrett Anderson in triple grey and well beaten up would look quite cool.

Cheers, and do keep up the thread,

Chris.

I love the '60's Andy. A quick question though.... With the new Heljan '86 available - will you be looking at a few of the non available liveries worn by that class? I'm thinking a nice model of Elizabeth Garrett Anderson in triple grey and well beaten up would look quite cool.

Cheers, and do keep up the thread,

Chris.

Cheers Chris. Yes I have plans for Heljan 86s, but they are in a long queue at the moment. I will be doing current liveries first, with a pair of 86/6s including grey 86622 high on the list. I would fancy doing a couple in late 80s early 90s condition though. Also doing 86701 at some point shortly!

Cheers,

Andi.

Hi Andi,

Top work on those 60's very nice work stained condition! The 86 is very good as well and certainly doesn't look an easy livery to do! I must admit I want to see your freightliner ones though when they are done.

Thanks,

Mark

Right, last offering for tonight, and you may recognise it Mark!

I painted 37038 a couple of years ago now, but its returned for a nose job! Here it is, complete with new noses:

post-7239-127473386982_thumb.jpg

Hopefully you can see it, but I've kept the smiley face!

Cheers,

Andi.

Hi Andi,

You wouldn't have thought it possible to improve 038 but you were right those new noses do look very good and looks like a great job on blending the weathering to match as well. The smiley face adds some character to this loco so glad you have been able to recreate it so well again! I have heard it will be on a driver training run on the WHL line soon so will take a picture of it at Rannoch when it does.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Andi,

As promised here are the photos of 37038 at Rannoch along with 37423. As you can see they arrived safely today and have had a quick run on the layout. 37038 is by far the filthiest loco in my fleet but goes well with 20307 in true RHTT condition with nice water stains in the dirt over the nose ends which looks very realistic on the layout. The new noses really do improve the loco and the smiley face drawn in the dirt is a nice touch as seen on the real one in the past during the RHTT season. 423 has a very light work stained look to it which just brings the model to life as the real thing is kept fairly clean. My DRS fleet is becoming a bit obsessive but with the quality of models produced by Andi for me it is easy to find another one to add to the fleet with two more 37's already in the plan. Anyway hope you like the photos:

Andi - many thanks once again,

Mark

post-6863-12749948827_thumb.jpg

post-6863-127499490684_thumb.jpg

post-6863-127499493118_thumb.jpg

post-6863-127499495109_thumb.jpg

Mark,

I agree Andi's DRS repaints are top notch!

Im naffed off i dont have a layout to run 667 on any more and am considering selling it so i can get a BR Blue version but wouldnt want it to go to any tom dick or harry !

Andi,

Keep up the good work your repaints are looking good!

Mark

great work on 37602 Andi B) do the wipacs light up? or cosmetic?

will look great running on Mark's Rannoch moor ;)

Sorry I missed this question - at present the lights are cosmetic, but there are plans to make them work at some stage.

Cheers,

Andi.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I promised the Europhoenix 86 would be next off the production line, I lied :P!

Here is 158780 resplendent in East Midlands Trains livery. Following on from the Northern Units, I found this much easier to do. Not sure why. I had masks again thanks to John at Precision Labels, and he also supplied the transfers which are excellent as ever.

Here are the pictures:

post-7239-127610073187_thumb.jpg

post-7239-127610074248_thumb.jpg

post-7239-127610075201_thumb.jpg

post-7239-127610076166_thumb.jpg

The Europhoenix 86 will be next......... probably. Got to revisit 86501 and repaint its window surrounds since it has now been 'refurbished'!

Cheers,

Andi.

Hello All,

I promised the Europhoenix 86 would be next off the production line, I lied tongue.gif!

Here is 158780 resplendent in East Midlands Trains livery. Following on from the Northern Units, I found this much easier to do. Not sure why. I had masks again thanks to John at Precision Labels, and he also supplied the transfers which are excellent as ever.

Here are the pictures:

post-7239-127610073187_thumb.jpg

post-7239-127610074248_thumb.jpg

post-7239-127610075201_thumb.jpg

post-7239-127610076166_thumb.jpg

The Europhoenix 86 will be next......... probably. Got to revisit 86501 and repaint its window surrounds since it has now been 'refurbished'!

Cheers,

Andi.

Outstanding Andi,

They must have taken some thought to get all that masking right.

Roy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andi,

That unit was a bit of a suprise considering what else you have been planning in works - certainly looks a complicated livery but you have applied it extremely well! Did you mention you were going to be doing some more 60's soon as well?

Keep up the good work,

Mark

Hi All,

Had a mammoth painting day today in the sunshine ........ ok so i was hiding in my nice cool flat! Been working on various locos, from grey and central services 20s, through a few DRS 37s (are you reading Mark....), a couple of large logo 37s, another pair of ETL 86s and finally 57604 in GWR green which is almost complete. No pictures yet - I'm ready for bed! But should be tomorrow.

Have also completed the Europhoenix 86s. Again pics later.

Cheers,

Andi.

57604 in GWR green which is almost complete. No pictures yet - I'm ready for bed! But should be tomorrow.

I knew it would only be a matter of time Andi!

Look forward to see it.

Cheers,

Bruce

Archived