RISEX 2012 Model Railway Exhibition

ANT

Risborough & District Model Railway Club presents

RISEX 2012 Model Railway Exhibition

Saturday 18th of February 2012

10.00am - 5.00pm

Community Centre(adjacent to Springs swimming pool), Wades Park, Stratton Road, Princes Risborough, Bucks, HP27 9AX

The whole of the Community Centre in Princes Risborough is taken over one day in the spring each year. Allowing local modellers to display their layouts and model making.

Light refreshments will be available including LOTS of HOMEMADE CAKES.

Disabled access available.

See our Club Website for more details:http://www.rdmrc.nildram.co.uk

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Hi,

I'll be on Loughborough Road, helping to operate, it's dad's layout and will be making it's exhibition Debut at the show, here's a sneaky peak:

post-7271-0-90068300-1328543937_thumb.jpg

Come along and have a look, we will have some 'unusual' stock on the layout and it looks very good!

Can't wait for the show!

Simon

ANT

For some reason I can't get the Risborough club website to open however I try to get to it - is there some sort of problem or is it just Safari/AOL being a nuisance?

The website works fine for me. I have tried this on more than one computer.

I suggest that you could google it

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

• RMweb Gold

Will be there on the Aylesbury layout, come and say hello, I should have the album of photos of Aylesbury too for those who like to look at such things

David

David will you also happen to have any Railex advance purchase tickets? It was very handy being able to buy one from you at Risex last year and similar service this year would be appreciated.

Hello

We hope to have again this year around 20 Homemade Cakes.

Though for my offering I have cheated and brought Fruit Cake from Costco instead of making it.

Remember come for the layouts stay for the cake!

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Hello

Just off to start setting up the halls.

Please remember to park in the Mount Carpark near the church, as there are only a few disabled places at the Community Centre.

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

• RMweb Gold

As usual a smashing little show with some really good layouts (and a very amusing one too) and well worth the trip. Great to see Aylesbury beginning to emerge as a layout and with the superb engine shed finding its place in its proper setting, definitely one to watch in coming years. Possibly rude to mention some other layouts without mentioning all but Loughborough Road was worth a look just for the platform end traverser if nothing else while Hartburn was a delightful piece of Wansbeck Valley/Rothbury branch inspired modelling and Roundhouse was working well and attracting steady crowds, and as for treacle mines and dolly-mixture orchards - well my flabber was hilariously gasted by the Grumstick and Dipplewick Railway, great fun for the youngsters.

Nice catering with remarkably quick service of the bacon rolls and a commendably good cup of tea - don't know if I struck at the right moment but the tea was very definitely in 'others please copy' mode.

So congrats to the club on producing yet another attractive and enjoyable little exhibition (which also enabled me to get my advance ticket for Railex - ticket No.1, wow - and spend a few quid with Page Components and one of the booksellers).

Enjoyed the show good to see all the lads and congratulations to them for putting on another brilliant freindly show,nice to talk to the builders of Oakhampton its going to be a fantastic layout even the telegraph poles will true to the origanal.Heisler is layout that deserves the exposure of the exhibition circuit well done young man.The French layout ran well and had good stock as did Hartburn good to chat and find out details of it em is an excellent gauge and I am still tempted to try it .Thanks David for letting me look at the photos of old Aylesbury the layout is looking good the shed is fantastic keep up the good work.Roll on Railex.

• RMweb Gold

We had a great day working 'Roundhouse' with plenty of interest in it. Good to See Daves new French layout.

A very well organised show and good exhibitors lunch. We had a good run to and from the show as it only rained during the show opening hours.

Look forward to doing this show again in future.

Ian

Hello Ian

I was hoping to get some photos of your layout 'Roundhouse', but every time that I was free to do so, there were crowds of people round it!

Which was good

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Hi,

Well after recovering from the weekend, i can say a big thank you on behalf my father, for allowing him to bring Loughborough Road along this year!

We arrived on Friday and from starting to unload to starting to test, it took us 25 minutes, not bad we thought.

Overall, the layout itself proved perfectly, not a single electrical or mechnical fault the whole day! However we were let down with the couplings abit, around 75% of them worked, but the rest were a pain in the neck! Stock worked very well with only a couple of minor worries, even though the layout was a bit shaky at the start, by lunchtime, we had it settled down!

The exhibition seemed to be fairly busy all day and some nice layouts!

At the end of the show, from doors closing to driving away was just 31 minutes!

Simon

Archived